NM Albuquerque Holiday Inn and Suites Albuquerque Airport University Airport ABQ

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I've stayed in this hotel a couple times now. Good experiences. A telephone call at the airport (there is even one of those call boards near the baggage area) yields a shuttle quite quickly - 5 to 15 minutes. Good natured helpful driver.

Front desk cheerfully answers questions and supplies maps and directions, but still manages to do the check-in very quickly.

A very large comfortable room. Queen bed and lots of various pillows. Big screen TV with lots of channels. Microwave and mini-fridge. Coffee/tea.

Quiet, clean.

A couple computers available. WiFi too.

Coffee in the lobby.

It is a little isolated, but that same shuttle driver will run one to a public bus point connecting with lots of options, or back to the airport for other transport options. Old Town is great fun, and Nob Hill is an interesting and funky stretch of the old Route 66. With a phone call they will come pick one up too.

There is a tiny kiosk in the lobby with some reasonable food options. A restaurant. But the neatest place is the Little Anita's just across the street and up about a 1/2 block toward I-25. Little Anita's is a popular inexpensive take-out eat-in place where you can get a fix on New Mexico food. Hours are just through breakfast to mid-afternoon. Very accommodating. While I ate my breakfast burrito, they packed me a take-out dinner. I explained I wanted to refrigerate it, and then re-heat it in a microwave, so they packed it in a foam box rather than the aluminum ones they usually use. And also packed the red and green chili & the lettuce and onions on the side.

The shuttles run every 15 minutes on demand, so even with an early air departure one doesn't have to get up quite so painfully early.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]