Priceline Hotel: Need strategy for a Los Angeles Hotel search 22 Oct - 26 Oct

javalog
By javalog,
in

Hello Betterbidding Users,

we decided to have a trip to Los Angeles City for a duration of 4 nights. Dates are Oct 22 check in - Oct 26 check out

We plan to rent a car from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) and therefore hotels car park costs are also an important asset for a decision.

If an area has alternative cheaper parking places, I would go on for that area.

We would like to visit Disneyland one day, Universal studios another day and a an Diego dayrip.

After a short search from internet, Downey area and Marina Del Ray area seem to be good places having cheaper fees but I don't know if they are good places to explore the city by a car.

Which areas should I select to accomodate for such a trip with a car ?

Now we would like to bid on a Los Angeles Hotel, maximum $150 per night. Can anyone suggest a strategy?

(minimum 3,5*, preferred 4* and higher..)

Thank you very much..

After your offer, I thought about my trip plan again. And it's now as follows.

We plan to be in LAX (Los Angeles Airport) at 15:30 on October 22nd. After renting a car, we can go to an Anaheim hotel and do the Disneyland next day. After staying 2 nights in Anaheim hotels, (on October 24th) we can checkout and visit Universal Studios and check in at a San diego hotel

Summary;

check in - check out

22-25 Anaheim hotel

25-26 San Diego hotel (October 25th daytrip in San diego)

26 Oct. Hollywood and some beaches may be..

On Oct 26th 18:45 we plan to fly back from LAX.

I'm waiting for you bid strategy about Anaheim and San Diego..

Thanks

After staying 2 nights in Anaheim hotels, (on October 24th) we can checkout...

Summary;

check in - check out

22-25 Anaheim hotel

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay, we will use this topic for your Anaheim portion, please start a NEW TOPIC for your San Diego leg.

For Anahiem, as per the inconsistency above, please confirm the check-out date for Anaheim. For this part of your stay, are you looking at both Disneyland North and Disneyland South or just one of these zones? What is your desired star level? What is your maximum bid?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again,

check in - check out

22-25 Anaheim hotel

this is the right case. 3 nights in Anaheim and 1 night in San Diego.

For this part of your stay, are you looking at both Disneyland North and Disneyland South or just one of these zones? What is your desired star level? What is your maximum bid?
I don't know particular specialities of those zones, but both are acceptable. I must say that I avoid expensive car parking fees.

For Aneheim hotels, we are looking for minimum 3,5*, preferred 4* and higher star levels. Maximum bid is 120 usd.

Thanks

Since you favor a 4* over a 3.5* we will stick with just the Disneyland South zone to begin, if rejected we can then look to lower the star rating and include Disneyland North in the bidding.

Note that many of the hotels in this area do have parking fees, and there is no way to bid specifically on a hotel without them or where parking is below $xx dollars. (alternately you could try HOTWIRE which does show a 'Free Parking' amenity listed for some hotels that don't charge for parking)

When bidding 4* in Orange County you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Disneyland South...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

If the above is rejected, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in this equivalent zone for $81/nite... however, this 4* HOTWIRE property could be 3.5* rated by PRICELINE. However, this 4* HOTWIRE offer has:

Suite

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... has a 95% recommendation from HOTWIRE users and a 4.0/5.0 TA rating (by guess is that this may be the Marriott Suites which is currently 3.5* rated by PRICELINE and charges $8/day for parking). You can decide if this is good for your needs OR if you want to continue bidding higher at the 4* level in this zone on PRICELINE.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again,

I have selected 4* Disneyland South using your PRICELINE link.

Bidded $45, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $50, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $53, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $55, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $58, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $60, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $63, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $65, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $68, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $70, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $73, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $75, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $78,rejected added re-bid zone...

Bidded $87 rejected again.

I plan to go for HOTWIRE link. Now 4* Anaheim South Hotel is listed as 82 usd/night. If I add the 25th Oct for the same hotel, price goes up to 86usd/night.

Anyway I booked Studio Inn & Suites Downey for 305 usd (4 nights) total including taxes as a backup. Is it a good place to explore the city and surroundings ?

Thanks

I'm not local to the area so i can't comment as to the location of the Downey, CA hotel, but i will add that while the reviews are good, with exterior corridors this appears to be a far cry from the 4* hotel you're bidding/seeking.

Are you know bidding for the complete stay or only 10/22-10/25? Does the price go up when adding the nite of 10/24 or the nite of 10/25? (however, either way i wouldn't necessary let a $4/nite difference in price deter you, since you have already bid higher than this for a 4* hotel (and you know this one is at last decently rated/reviewed))

You were right. I searched through different travel agencies to find a good deal for that period.

I booked Hilton Anaheim through LastMinuteTravel.com. It was listed 76usd/night as a 4-star hotel in Disneyland Area/Anaheim.

I guessed the hotel and booked it for 4 nights. I will pay also 16 usd/night for car parking. But the distance to Disneyland is a 10 minutes walk.

:-)

Thank you..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]