Hotwire Hotel: 3* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood International Airport FLL) Springhill Suites

Memphis_Guy
By Memphis_Guy,
in

Taking a vacation in February with an old college friend. Planning to share a room. Don't want to share a bed. Just too weird.

Found a GREAT deal on Hotwire for $99 per night. All my research indicates that it's the Hyatt House near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. It's greatest features are that the rooms are "suites," the parking is free, the internet is free, the breakfast is free, and it's rated #3 in the area by TripAdvisor. With that kind of deal, I don't think I care that I'll have to drive to the beach!

But once I book the deal, I'm pretty sure I'll be given a room with a King. Might it be possible to request 2 double beds? Would they be likely to honor such a request?

What say you? Opinions?

I can't believe I blew this.

I called Hyatt House directly and the woman in the sales department said that if my Hotwire deal turns out to be her hotel, I could just call her and she would fix it.

So I did the deal. And it wasn't Hyatt House. It was Springhill Suites by Marriott.

And here's what messed me up. Hotwire said the hotel has free airport shuttle service. Tripadvisor said the only 3 star place in Ft. Lauderdale with free parking, free internet, free breakfast, suites, and free airport shuttle service was Hyatt Place. The Springhill Suites was listed by TripAdvisor as NOT having free shuttle service. So, based on that information, it just HAD to be Hyatt House.

Oh well, that blew up in my face. Unlike Hyatt House, which is ranked #2 or #3 in the area by TripAdvisor, Springhill Suites is ranked #9 of 18 in the area. I'll try calling them to see if they can make sure I get 2 double beds, and if I can swing that, I'll post in a further reply.

By the way, I got this for 4 nights from 2/4/13 to 2/8/13 for $99 per night. After taxes and fees, it's $452.08.

Admin, you can change the title of this posting to reflect the win.

Congrats on your success. :)

Great deal for this Fort Lauderdale property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay and glad you were able to get two beds.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]