Priceline Hotel: strategy

jimkat02
By jimkat02,
in

Okay... I would like to use Priceline to bid for a 3* hotel in the middle of September, Houston The Woodlands area. Looks like the most likely hotel, or the only current/known 3* hotel is the Marriott Woodlands Waterway. If I'd like to pay between $51-55, what would I start my bidding at & how many re-bid options are there? I have used PL before & understand the risks, but not with the calculated & educated strategy I've seen outlined here in a couple of posts. I could probably figure it out on my own, but don't want to mess it up!

Thanks,

kat

You have six re-bid zones at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and then feel free to ask any questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would bid:

Select 3* Woodlands...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55.

I have only used 5 re-bid zones above in case it takes more than your current limit and you'd like to continue to try.

Feel free to ask ask any questions and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My BIL decided that the Woodlands was too far from where he wanted to stay and didn't care if the rest of us had to sacrifice quality & savings to please him... so, I won't be posting a winning bid on how much MONEY we COULD have saved. I just hate paying $70 for the Baymont in Conroe... can't teach an old dog new tricks, I guess.

Thank you for your help, anyway.

P S I wish I could have talked him into trying PL for a 2* & had given him that option. The hotel he chose, I thought I'd be able to get for 26-35 and we needed 4 rooms...stubborn. His money. THIS time!

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]