Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Lower Fairfield County (Greenwich - Stamford) Stamford Marriott Hotel And Spa

ROJO4
By ROJO4,
in

I will start a message on the PRICELINE link with my questions for that site:)

You can keep all posts for this stay in this thread... if you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board once a hotel is won.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I have been attempting for the past week or so bidding on 4, 3.5 and 3* with no luck. I have a 2* Howard Johnson's booked in Long Island City for the dates as back up but I can cancel. For a first trip to NYC I would really like to be in Manhattan. STill trying to keep expenses on the low side if possible($150-170ish, I know this is very low for this time of year)I have read and think I understand rebidding(I think my rebid zones for 4* are Coney Island,Long Island City,Lower East Side, Morningside, Queensborough bridge and Upper East Side) Are there preferable areas for 3.5, 3 and even 2.5? I think I want to avoid a shared bath so it looks like I should avoid MSG for a 2.5) Any input or ideas would be appreciated.

Posters have written PRICELINE regarding shared bath and were told that PRICELINE does not offer rooms with shared bath. HOWEVER, I will note that once you get down to the 2.5* level on PRICELINE, quality may vary quite a bit (and more substantially at the 2* level.) At the 3* and 3.5* levels in MTE, some properties are towards the far East side of the zone and are somewhat out of the way; the 3.5* level in CPS has the Hudson has a possibility - rooms there are VERY, VERY small. Would these possibilities be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I would hope to get a 3 or higher but after trying don't know if it will happen.

How high and at what star rating have you already tried bidding?

What is the rate you have at the Hojo? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have gone up to $175 on 3.5 and 4(no enough I Know) I have read another thread with bidding strategy up to $150 for a 3*. I would prefer not to split my bid if possible(I think needing to switch mid vacation would be a bother). The rate at the Long Island City Hojo's is $151.(I figured a 2* that I can identify is safer than an unknown 2*0

Also, to verify, is Coney Island the only rebid zone for 3*? Where exactly is Queensborough bridge area , what is it like and how far away from transit?

I figured a 2* that I can identify is safer than an unknown 2*0

True when comparing same/similar zones... but the issue becomes less clear when comparing a 'known' 2* in LIC vs. the unidentified 2.5* HOTWIRE hotel in the CPW zone with only Hi-Speed Internet showing, an 80% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests and a 3.5/5.0 TA rating. Even if this is a 2* rated HOTWIRE hotel is the $20 more per nite and uncertainty (although somewhat mitigated by the 'decent' review ratings) worth staying in Manhattan? (this is rhetorical and the answer will be different for each user)
Also, to verify, is Coney Island the only rebid zone for 3*?
At this time, correct, Coney Island is the only re-bid zone when bidding 3* in NYC.

Where exactly is Queensborough bridge area , what is it like and how far away from transit?

Use the search box on the top right corner of this page, entering 'New York City, NY' and you'll see the map of this zone. As the name implies it is under the Queensboro (59th St) Bridge. If you end up very far east (for example such as the Bentley Hotel in this zone) the subway would be a 10-15 minute walk)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Astor on the Park has previously been seen with just a solo Hi-Speed Internet amenity, but it's hard to to be too confident with just one (common) amenity showing.

You could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay. This would risk SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, but is a way to play it if you think the guessed Astor on Park would be a better option then the HoJo.

Hi guys,

Wanted to thank you for all your help. After not having any luck for well over a week and not really wanting to split my bid, I ended up booking an apartment rental in Greenwich Village that worked better. I did end up bidding for a hotel on Priceline in Stamfor CT (3.5*) for our way down on October 12th and won the Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa for $68.

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Glad to see you found something that would work for your needs in NYC and that you were successful bidding on PRICELINE for a hotel mid-route.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]