Hotwire Hotel: Help on Sf 4* Hotel in September

Lorelei03
By Lorelei03,
in

Hello - I am new to this site and to priceline/hotwire, so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I will be in SF for 4 nights (9/3-9/7), then wine country for 2 nights (9/7 & 9/8), then back to SF for 5 nights (9/9-9/14).

Was hoping for a four star under $100, but that may not be reasonable...? Would also need a rental car for the 2 night in Napa and Sonoma.

I gave it a shot on hotwire based on the advice I read here - and it looks like my best bet is a 4* in Union Square East at $93. Does that make sense to folks? And should I now try to underbid it a priceline before I purchase on hotwire?

Will of course post details when all is done - thanks!!

I think you might be able to do better with Priceline for the USE or USW areas (Union Square) It is helpful to look at recent wins for hotels in those areas (with dates similar to yours) Also, to check other sources, i.e. Expedia, Orbitz or hotel websites for the going rates during those dates. There may be conventions going on during those dates that would affect availablity and prices, this link may be helpful:San Francisco Convention Checker

Here is another link that might be helpful (regarding rebidding):

PRICELINE RE-BIDDING

I just did a quick check with Expedia on your dates, rates looked a little higher on the second part of your San Francisco stay and a few hotels didn't have rooms available for your entire stay. There did look to be plenty of rooms available at other properties, i.e. the Hilton (USW), they have an Expedia rate of $119, possibly meaning you could get a decent Priceline rate if you would win that property. I stayed there in April and found it a nice place to stay. Check out the reviews:

S.F. Hilton Reviews

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It'll make things easier to follow if we stick with one stay per thread, so let's stick with thread for the 9/3-9/7 stay and please start NEW TOPICS for the other dates of your stay.

Which set of dates did you see the above Hotwire hotel? If you list the amenities we can try to help identify/confirm the property for you. Do you want a bidding strategy to try to do better thru Priceline?

Let us know and we'll advise on how to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]