Priceline Hotel: Failure in Flagstaff

gleemonex
By gleemonex,
in

travel day: 8/22 (one night stay)

bid $33 for 2.5*, rejected.

added Bellemont and upped offer to $38, rejected.

i've been trying for this date for the last two months, bidding 2*, 2.5* and 3* -- never exceeding $42. total rejection.

i wonder if it's just a question of not having inventory until right up to the date?

I think this is a tough area in general... one of the reasons being that there are no 4* hotels in the area. This may allow 3* (and lower) hotels have slightly inflated rates than what we're used to seeing from 3* hotels in other cities where there are 4* hotels.

Using Hotwire as a guage, they offer a 2* hotel at $60 and a 2.5* suite hotel at $86... so your bids may be a bit low for this area for this time of year.

Checking Orbitz using the link above, i found a 3* Best Western for $62 and some 2* hotels in the mid-$40's.

What is the maximum you have bid for a 2*? Is it at least $30, as there is another post on this board for the weekend before yours that was successful at $28, but it was placed in a foreign currency so to make sure that the conversion doesn't mess you up i would try bidding 2* at $29 or $30 if you haven't already done so (and you're comfortable with a 2* hotel). The other poster won the Fairfiled Inn and i've already checked that the hotel's direct rate for their date and your date, and they are the same (which would increase the likelihood of a similarly accepted bid).

Please continue to use the SavingsBarn.com for your Priceline bids.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Northern Arizona University is in Flagstaff. There may be an event going on (orientation maybe, or even football - though it's kind of early for that). An event at NAU added to tourists going to and from the Grand Canyon (last chance to take the kids before school starts up again) might be part of the reason. I'm curious if the successful bids you quoted earlier were from the summer time?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been bidding recently for Flagstaff too. A few weeks ago I bid $26 for a 2* for two nights beginning 9/19, and it was rejected. I later bid $28. That was also rejected. Then, on 8/14, for the same September nights, I bid $40 for a 3* and failed. I added Bellemont, and increased my bid to $45. That failed too. Then I bid $35 for a 2 1/2* and got the Holiday Inn.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]