Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove) Doubletree Hotel Anaheim/Orange County

dustycotton
By dustycotton,
in

Need 2 rooms, 9/29 - 10/2 for DL South area, 3.5 and up, and not wanting to spend more than $65/night.

I've been bidding up to my max for 2 months with no luck. It's odd because there is nothing going on at the convention center, or anything major at the hotels, no holiday, school is in, and it's still this high. We've been going this time of year for years, and looking at the wins for this time frame last year one would expect $50 to $60 to be a winner, but nada.

I've tried splitting my rooms and only bidding for one at a time, but nothing. I know another strategy is to split your stay, but I don't want to risk having to move hotels.

Anyone know why the prices might be so high for this weekend? Any other bidding advice without splitting up my stay?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I think you're likely not far at all from a win, and I'm surprised that your bid hasn't been accepted. When searching for these dates on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing what appears to be the Doubletree Anaheim for $71. If $60 was not accepted for a 3.5*, I'd try $62 and if that's not accepted, $65.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I think you're likely not far at all from a win, and I'm surprised that your bid hasn't been accepted. When searching for these dates on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing what appears to be the Doubletree Anaheim for $71. If $60 was not accepted for a 3.5*, I'd try $62 and if that's not accepted, $65.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the advice. I've been bidding up to $65 with no hits. My last attempt was on Tuesday. Just as you stated, I too am very surprised I haven't been accepted considering the prices on Hotwire right now, which I've also been eying.

Thanks for the advice. I've been bidding up to $65 with no hits. My last attempt was on Tuesday. Just as you stated, I too am very surprised I haven't been accepted considering the prices on Hotwire right now, which I've also been eying.

At this point, the stay isn't too far off. You could wait it out and see if inventory starts to open up at the $50-65 range within the next week or so, try $2-3 higher and see if that's enough, or go for the HOTWIRE 3.5*. Sorry to hear that bids haven't been successful - it's definitely surprising that you haven't been successful given rates.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $58.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $348.00

Taxes and Fees: $57.36

Total Room Cost: $405.36

Been bidding on this for several months now. Started at $50, then $54, $56, accepted at $58. My max was $65, so very happy with this win!

Used the PRICELINE link from this site to start my bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]