Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Convention Center - Capitol Hill) Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel

drhjr707
By drhjr707,
in

I was trying to book Downtown Washington DC and started at $90, inching my way up to $130 per night by adding zones that did not have 4 stars in the DC area.

After getting declined for all offers, it was apparent that we weren't going to get a hotel at our desired price range for this location. As such, I searched Hotels.com and found the rack rate of $149/night for the Renaissance Washington (adjacent to the DC Convention Center).

Once I realized that they were offering this rack rate, I figured I could bid on the Convention Center - Capitol Hill zone knowing I would probably get this hotel, since other 4 star properties in this zone started in the mid $200s.

However, I wasn't thinking properly and bid $110/night. It was immediately accepted and I thought to myself that I should have bid $80 and worked my way up from there. Unfortunately, I was out of options to bid before I had to wait the 24 hours to re-bid. So I only saved 26% (whereas I normally get at least 40% off of rack rates when I bid).

But, the headache is over and our family is all booked. Incidentally, the Renaissance Washington rack rates on Hotels.com are now up to $442/night, so we're still pleased that we got a 4 star Priceline hotel in DC relatively close to where we wanted to be. Especially with this being the Marine Corps Marathon weekend, we're quite lucky to have got a 4 star at this price near downtown.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to book in DC around this time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]