Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Long Island - Suffolk County (Macarthur Airport ISP) Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I just can't seem to get a winning bid in the Hauppauge zone, I had bid up to $58 without success. Moved over to the MacArthur zone and started a new 3* bid at $53, then a 2.5* bid at $58, then my final bid at the 2* level at $58, success!

Offer Price: $58.00

Taxes & Fees: $15.88

Total: $73.88

For some reason, PRICELINE's confirmimg email indicates this is a 2.5* which is the rating on the "shop and compare" side of PRICELINE. But, the page that indicates my win shows this property as a 2*. At any rate, the rack rate is $139 plus tax, so I'm pleased with the win. This is right off the LIE, but like many hotels in this zone, is not very close to the airport. I used BiddingHelper.com.com to start my bids and compare HOTWIRE offerings.

Congratulations on your success!

The page showing your win is indicating the star level you bid, but i'm assuming the text on that page (with the name of the hotel on it and the image of the red/orange stars indicates that it is 2.5* rated?)

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The page showing your win is indicating the star level you bid, but i'm assuming the text on that page (with the name of the hotel on it and the image of the red/orange stars indicates that it is 2.5* rated?)

I just realized I bid at the 2* level and was upgraded to 2.5*. At any rate, it was a nice hotel, Hampton Inns do nothing wrong in my book. The room had a microwave/refrigerator and breakfast is included as well as free wifi. The property features an indoor pool and offers a free shuttle to the airport or the Ronkonkoma train station.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]