MD Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards

flyingcupcake
By flyingcupcake,
in

Just got back from a very pleasant two-night stay at this Marriott property near Camden Yards in Baltimore. Won the bid for $65/night, which was a great deal. Check-in was fast and they gave us s'mores in the lobby while we were waiting. They also have fruit-flavored water in the lobby every day (cucumber, lemon, or pineapple -- our fave!) This hotel isn't on the harbor, but about a nice 10-minute walk from the inner harbor.

This is an immaculately clean, gorgeous hotel with very friendly staff. No mention of priceline at check-in, though she did ask if I wanted "a full or double beds." I don't know if PL customers don't get king or queen, but we opted for the full bed. We were placed on the top floor (10th) with a nice view of the city, so we were happy. The very comfortable bed was a full-size though -- this did not bother us since we sleep well together, but I can see how this might suck for other folks who want a king or at least a queen-sized bed. Nice-sized bathroom with shower (no tub), and hairdryer, iron, and one robe in the closet. The full-bed rooms did seem like it would have been given only to solo travelers if they paid full price, seeing as the amenities were allotted for one person. The maid did seem to take note that we were two people and gave us more glasses, tea, coffee on our second day. Overall, a really comfy room with a single-serve coffeemaker, extremely comfortable bed, pillows, and duvet, nice blackout curtains, nice toiletries (from Bath and Body works), etc. The TV had HBO and cable channels, but for some reason it was an analog signal. AC worked well, too. Free newspapers in the lobby and on your floor on weekdays. Internet cost extra, but I used the free wifi in the lobby. There's a fitness center (no pool) and a guest laundry on the 2nd floor. Ice machines were only on certain floors, and my boyfriend got weird looks from a couple of older gentlemen in suits when he had to go down in his pajamas to the 8th floor to refill our ice bucket.

Concierge was really helpful and everyone was super friendly at the hotel. We didn't eat at the hotel, and room service ended at 11pm. 24 hours room service would be nice, since we never got back to the hotel before 1am and you have to place your breakfast order on the door before midnight. The bellman checked our luggage for free after we checked out so we could explore the city for a few more hours before our bus departed. Automatic checkout was convenient -- they slip a receipt under your door the night before so you only have to visit the front desk if you had incidental charges.

Pros: Really clean rooms, loved being placed on the top floor, nice location, amazing bed, fluffy towels, nice toiletries friendly and knowledgeable staff, nice attention to detail

Cons: Analog tv, room service ended at 11pm, no free wifi, sad we had to leave

Would definitely be happy if we won this hotel again on priceline!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]