Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding - London & Paris, mid-October

uriler
By uriler,
in

Hi,

My wife and Me are about to go to a short vacation in London and Paris, and due to the relative high prices we're seriously considering Pricelineor Hotwire.

I've been reading here and will really appreciate any possible help with bidding strategy.

We'll be in London on October 4th to the 9th, and then head to Paris until the 15th.

We're not interested in splitting hotels (one for each city...).

Areas, budget and stars:

London - First priority is Bloomsbury, second is Kensington.

Paris - Latin quarter or champs elysees.

We hope for a 4* hotel and above, in under 120 (preferebaly under 100) euros/night.

Also, a non-smoking rooms is a must...

Any chance to get what we wish for?

Thank you very much!! :)

Uri

We'll be in London on October 4th to the 9th, and then head to Paris until the 15th.

Please use separate threads for each stay. We will use this thread for your London stay from Oct 4-9, please start a NEW TOPIC for your Paris trip.

Areas, budget and stars:

London - First priority is Bloomsbury, second is Kensington.

Did you want to bid up to your limit first for the Bloomsbury zone, then if rejected try for the Kensington zone... OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better in either of these zones?

We hope for a 4* hotel and above, in under 120 (preferebaly under 100) euros/night.

Please post your maximum bid in US Dollars.

Also, a non-smoking rooms is a must...

Another option would be HOTWIRE, which may cost a little more than PRICELINE, but it gives you the option of choosing a hotel with a 'Smoke Free' amenity listed (if any are shown)

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in London you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Bloomsbury...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Kensington...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks a lot!

I read about the re-bid methods while going over the forums (so I also understand the "close your browser" bit to cancel previous zone selection), and just to make sure - the London re-bid zones for 4* & 5* hotels are Hammersmith & Wembley, right?

Another question - if Mayfair-Soho is also a possibility, should I repeat the first step for that region too only, or try more combinations for the higher bids?

I mean, should I bid -

Bid 1: Bloomsbury only

Bid 2: Mayfair-Soho

Bid 3: Kensington

Bid 4: Bloomsbury, Kensington & Mayfair-Soho (Higher price range)

Or instead of bid 4 I'll have 4 different combinations

(1+2, 2+3, 1+3, 1+2+3+)

Thanks for all your help!

Uri

Currently Hammersmith and Wembley are your re-bid zones at the 4* level... but NOT at the 5* level.

If adding Mayfair Soho are you keeping your maximum bid at $120 or increasing it?

Currently Hammersmith and Wembley are your re-bid zones at the 4* level... but NOT at the 5* level.

If adding Mayfair Soho are you keeping your maximum bid at $120 or increasing it?

Hi and thanks :)

Why the re-bid zones are only for 4* level? I thought that when I choose 4*, I still have the option for 5* (if available for the price).

Since I'm not bidding only on 5* level, I can't use kensington (for example) as a re-bid zone for Bloomsbury...

I tried yesterday my first bids, 95-105 USD on all three separate zones (with re-bids with Hammersmith & Wembley). As you can see, I'm still here... no luck.

Today I'm going to try again, this time will probably take my bids a bit higher, maybe as high as 130 USD (probably upper limit, as with this price + PL fees and tax I can get other options, like airbnb).

My bids will start at 105 for the separate zones (105 to 115), and 120-125-130 for the combined list.

My question is weather to try multiple combinations (IE Bloomsbury + Mayfair-Soho, Bloomsbury + Kensington, Mayfair-Soho + Kensington, Bloomsbury + Mayfair-Soho + Kensington), or just Bloomsbury + Mayfair-Soho + Kensington?

again, thank you - hope to have good news :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]