Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Hyatt Regency Maui Resort And Spa

shellyfish
By shellyfish,
in

Bid in the 4* class ONLY and got the RESORT level Hyatt!! Wasn't what we wanted! :(

We intentionally only bid in the 4* hoping to get the Westin Villas. Both the Hyatt and the Westin were listed on priceline.com for $269 for our stay. We assumed when we saw $269 on the average nightly rate on the bidding screen that it was referring to the Westin Villas and not the Hyatt - since the Hyatt was listed in the RESORT category.

Called Priceline and they confirmed that they had given us a DIFFERENT star rating than what we had BID on.

They said they reserve the right to SUBSTITUTE comparable quality hotels that are in a different star class. Have bid on priceline since 2004 and have never had this happen before!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the result. :( Hopefully the hotel will work out better-than-expected.

PRICELINE can always upgrade the bid to the a higher star rating - sometimes that's a good thing, but sometimes it's not what's wanted.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

For what it is worth....everything I have heard about the Hyatt in Maui has been great. Which doesn't mean much if you were hoping to get a kitchen/condo etc....but as hotels go, I've heard from people that they liked it even more than the Hyatt in Kauai...so...

I'm actually jealous. I'd love to win the Hyatt. Well...here's hoping....

Enjoy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]