Canada Vancouver Suites Le Soleil

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

Last weekend, August 5th and 6th, we stayed at this hotel on a non-priceline/hotwire stay as Vancouver was very, very booked and I was having no luck at all with 4 star downtown.

This hotel has been seen on Priceline once in a while but not for some time.

The location on Hornby St. is excellent. It's next door to a brand new YWCA, across from a food court and a very short walk to many restaurants and shops both towards Canada Place and the cruise ship terminal and to Georgia/Granville which is really the heart of downtown.

It's a boutique hotel with just over 100 rooms and has an elegantly decorated lobby and rooms although, for my taste, it was a bit "fussy" but then I prefer something a bit more sleek and modern.

The standard suites have a small living room with couch, chair, tables and television but no window (I understand that the more expensive corner suites have windows in the living room). The bedrrom comfortably took a queen size bed, a couple of side tables and an armoire with drawers and a 2nd television., as well as a desk. There was a large floor to ceiling window which could be opened if you didn't mind the outside noise! In between the bedroom and bathroom there was an area for the mini bar, glasses, coffe pot and supplies. There was also a large closet with an in room safe.

All of the luxury type amenities were provided, - bathrobes, aveda toiletries, luxury towels and, in fact, the bathroom was especially nice with lots of counter space and a super large shower wioth 2 shower heads. (No bathtub)

I had read a review somewhere (I think tripadvisor) that mentioned free morning cofee being delivered to the room. We heard nothing about this and don't think it happens anymore. There was a newspaper delivered to the room each morning however.

Housekeeping was excellent and the housekeeping staff great. We asked for some extra coffee one day and a couple of extra bath towels another day and both requests were met very promptly.

The desk staff were pleasant enough but not exceptional and the Bellmen and Parking atteendant (There is only valet parking so you see quite a bit of the attendant) were not particularly friendly at all and, yes, we did tip well!!

When we arrived with a loaded car including a number of large gifts for the wedding we were attending, the bellman just stood around with a cart waiting for my husband to unload. I'd really expect more from a 4 star hotel!

All in all, it was a good stay and I'd be delighted to get it for a good rate on Priceline. Not sure I'd pay a published rate again as I prefer the Marriot or the Wall Centre even though the Le Soleil has a more central location than either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]