Hotwire Hotel: Help w/3.5* Chicago Loop

cheapcheapgirl
By cheapcheapgirl,
in

Please help me to id this hotel:

3.5 stars, Chicago Loop. $90 per night for check in 8/12/05, check out 8/14/05.

Amenities: At least one restaurant is located on the premises. Property features at least one pool area. Fitness Center. Business Center.

After looking at some posts, I think this may be the Palmer House. Can anyone confirm or offer their thoughts on the Palmer House?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a match for the Palmer House and that would be our best guess. I'll add that the amenities listed are not uncommon to a big city, so there could always be another property with the same exact star rating and amenities, but based upon the 'known' info the Palmer House is the best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If this is the Palmer House, I can give you positive feedback on this hotel. We (myself & 3 kids) were there in July and found it to be a beautiful hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a family suite, from a standard room with 2 beds, and found the extra space & extra bathroom very much appreciated. We also received a roll away bed for 5 nights at no additional fee, plus the hotel line was doing a summer kids promotion, which meant they gave each of my 3 kids a "gift" which was a type of small over-the-shoulder travel bag. My kids loved having the pool to wind down in each evening after a very full day of site-seeing. We did not eat in the any of the restaurants in the hotel, but found the location to be so very, very convenient for public transportation. Concierge staff very helpful in giving me directions, maps, and advice. If you go, don't miss spending many hours at the Art Institute, which is so close you just walk a couple blocks and you are right there!

wanted to add the following information that I posted here on this board when I bid on hotwire and ended up getting the Palmer House Hilton. Hope this is helpful:

"Palmer House Hilton, 3.5 stars for $94. per night totaling (with taxes) $437.95 for 4 nights July 7 with checkout on the 11th. Amenities were: restraurant, pool, fitness center, and business center. And it was in the Chicago Loop area."

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]