Priceline Hotel: 3.5* St. Louis (Airport STL) St. Louis Airport Marriott

riley417
By riley417,
in

The best rate for a 3.5* or better hotel i'm able to find for your dates in the Downtown zone is the Renaissance Grand at $139/nite... given this rate what would be your maximum bid for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been trying for those exact dates for months. I started my bidding really low and have gone up to $74 for a 4* and $72 for a 3.5*. (I am holding off on a 3* bid due to the possibility of getting the dreadful Millennium property).

That weekend, there are three Cardinals home games, a Rams home game and two (probably cancelled) Blues home games, so any cheap rooms will be released at the last minute. The hockey teams stay at the Westin, so there will be a last minute cancellation of a huge block of rooms there if the lockout continues.

I am using points as a backup plan, as several properties were still offering awards for that timeframe.

I'd strongly guess something is going on (convention, game, etc) in STL for these dates - the Renaissance is $139 regular rate, while the cheapest 4* on HOTWIRE is $294 for these dates, and the cheapest 3* at $117.

Don't be tempted to take the HOTWIRE 3* at $117. You WILL get the Millennium, and they WILL put you in an old, dirty room in the basement. I've had several people at the front desk tell me outright that Hotwire/Priceline bids get the same block of terrible basement rooms. Since then, I give a huge tip to the desk clerk at check-in and they always "just happen to find me a room in the new tower".

I've bid STL dozens of times, and I've never seen it this difficult. 17 of the 20 hotels downtown are showing "sold out", including the Millennium, and the Hyatt is now at $334 a night on Orbitz.

This may be a last-minute kind of bid, since there appears to be almost no availability.

On the plus side, the two Blues games that weekend have been cancelled, so there will be some rooms opening up.

SUCCESS!... I bid $85 for a 4* for 9/28 and received the Hyatt Regency at The Arch.

Glad to see you were successful.

Can you please add your win to the board so that others will be aware of, and can benefit from, the information when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

It would also be appreciated if you used the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

While not the zone you had originally wanted, glad to see you received a very nice deal relative to the EXPENSIVE prices downtown. Hopefully the savings will worth the location trade-off and you'll be able to make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]