Priceline Hotel: 4* or 5* London

cluelyss18
By cluelyss18,
in

I am going to start bidding for May 27-May 31, 2013 on Priceline

I will be attempting to obtain a 4-5* hotel.

I would like to try the Westminster, Mayfair areas.

I would be willing to pay $200 per night max.

Does this sound doable to anyone?

I want to be centrally located as we would like to visit the eye, big ben, buckinghim palace and many other attractions. I would like to be close to a tube as this will be our main mode of transportation.

Are there any other zones I should try as well? This is our first trip so we are not familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance

First of all, if you look at PRICELINE's regular hotel product, they are offering the 4* Doubletree Hotel Westminster for $152/night, including free breakfast AND free wi-fi (both of which can be quite costly at hotels). So going to $200 is absolutely not necessary. This hotel is south of the river, but other hotels in the Westminster zone are south of the river too (and you might win this one with a PRICELINE bid). This hotel is non-refundable, and the deal may go away, but for the time being, I would personally limit my bids to no more than about $100 or at most $110, given that this hotel is an option.

If you don't want to be south of the river, and also want to ensure a convenient location, stick to Mayfair, but it may be very costly. I like the Bloomsbury zone, but the north part is not as convenient (I'd be fine with it, though, and also with the location of the Doubletree Westminster).

I will be attempting to obtain a 4-5* hotel.

Are you willing to pay more for a 5* vs. a 4* OR is your goal the last expensive 4* or better for this trip?

I would like to try the Westminster, Mayfair areas.

I would be willing to pay $200 per night max.

Based upon the research by WillTravel (thanks) what are your thoughts of the Doubletree? Do you want to lower your maximum bid for a 4*? (if you're trying first for a 5* you may want to bid higher than the $150 rate at the Doubletree)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]