Priceline Hotel: Austin Downtown 9/3-9/5

woow
By woow,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It frequently takes more than $60 to have success in this zone, so i will provide a strategy that tries lower but then goes a bit higher than you've stipulated.

You have six RE-BID ZONES available when bidding 4* in this area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read the previous link and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would bid:

Select 4* Downtown....

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I was checking around and could get a package for these days for $480 hotel (4* Omni, southtown)+flight (from Buffalo, NY round trip) +rent a car (economy). This price is including taxes

Do u think I should go for this instead of searching all three seperate? Is this is a hot deal?

Please let me know

regards

It would be close, as this is what i found:

Flight $255-$275 (i didn't look at flight times, located thru our Airfare Checker)

Car Rental (two days): $33 (found thru our Car Rental Checker)

Hotel (assuming you coudl be successful at ~$65): $158/all-in

So assuming you could be successful at all of the prices above, you could save a few dollars booking individually... if you can do better than the above prices than you would save more money.

The question is if it's worth the $25+ savings to you or not, plus not knowing the actual hotel you will receive. If you want to pursue the savings, i would confirm you can get the airfare in the range above and that the flight times are acceptable, then confirm that you can get the car rental at the price above (but dont' book either until you have confirmed the hotel)... if all your ducks are in order with the airfare and car rental, then try for your non-cancellable hotel... if successful then book the other pieces of the puzzle.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. Something I have found surprising in hotwire. From my time EST in USA if check the prices its atleast 20-30 dollars cheaper than then evening times here. I was shocked because I finally went with hotel+flight for 417 with times that i want and the hotel I want.

Then I got the car for 38 from Orbitz..

So total cost $455

had i got the car+hotel+flight from hotwire it was like $468 in the mornings and goes upto $485 something during the night time here.

So anyways I am happy since I got everything even $25 less from the price I orginally posted. Hooooraaaaaaaa

Thanks for ur help man. I love you :)

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]