Priceline Hotel: Bidding for FQ for 10/29/05-11/1/05

NOVA_travel
By NOVA_travel,
in

Hello. I am new. I tried using priceline, my second time ever. I want a hotel in the French Quarter.

1st bid = $70 for 4* FQ area

2nd bid = $75 for 4* or 3* FQ area

3rd bid = $78 for 4* or 3* FQ, CC area

4th bid = $85 for 4* or 3* FQ, CC, CBD area

All of these have been rejected. What should I do now? Please advise how I should bid to get a room. I really prefer the French Quarter.

This is listed at $61 per night on hotwire for 3* for 10/29/05 - 11/1/05

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service). View complete amenity list and description

Which hotel do you think this is? Please help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for this stay in this thread (even if they concern Hotwire). If another service is ultimately used we'll then more your thread to that section of the board.

Your title suggests that you only want the French Quarter area, but you have also bid the Convention Center and CBD... are those areas acceptable as well?

In order to suggest a strategy for you to follow, you'll need to understand re-bidding, which it appears that you are not using your re-bid zones... of which you have five! Please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

I think i know the Hotwire 3* property you describe above, but is it in the Downtown zone? You listed it as being in Hotwire's French Quarter zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can try the rebid. As for location, I would prefer the french quarter but am willing to settle for some other location within walking distance. Since it is Halloween weekend, do you think they would be sold out and more expensive? Which hotel do you think the hotwire hotel is? For $61 a night that's not bad.

You still never answered which zone the Hotwire property you described was located.

As well, do you understand which five zones qualify as your re-bid zones? (you only said, "i can try the rebid"). If you do then you can let us know your maximum bid and we can suggest a strategy to use to go forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hotwire selection would either say:

Downtown New Orleans (French Quarter and Downtown) = DOWNTOWN

or

French Quarter (French Quarter and Downtown) = FRENCH QUARTER

To help you with re-bidding, list every zone in New Orleans and next to it list the highest rated property available in that area.

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process.

Add the above info to this thread and we'll then explain further.

So if for example you select one of the first three zones listed (such as the FQ) and also select one of the last five zones (such as the GD)... priceline will give you the option to bid on a 4* property.

So if you were to bid on a 4* property in the FQ and the GD and were successful, do you know where your property would have to be located? (ie- note how many 4* properties there are in the GD zone based upon the 'highest star rating in the zone' you listed above).

Since pictures often work better than words, see my post on Sep 3 2003, 06:54 PM in the PRICELINE RE-BIDDING thread.

Does this make re-biddding any cleaerer?

Whilst theruare is asleep\eating\working I'll chip in with my (comparatively) limited advice.

You want a 4* in the FQ, right. :)

So your first bid is 4* FQ. at some price you think is OK

If that fails then to bid again you must either

Change your * rating (not an option yet),

Change your arrival \departure dates (probably not an option )

or

Change your area.

So lets go for the change an area:

Now, if you choose an area that has NO 4* hotels listed (e.g. Airport) and still keep your original 4* choice then you are effectively still only bidding for the FQ as you CAN't be allocated a lower * hotel and there are NO 4* in the Airport.

So your next bid could be 4* FQ, Airport and raise your bid amount.

So if you look at the list there are 5 areas in total that you can add to give you more bids safe in the knowledge that you're reall only bidding for a FQ hotel. :o

Now, if you're really clever (and good at Math) you could realise there are more than 5 free rebids if you make various combinations of the free rebid areas (but I wouldn't go down that road just yet :) )

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]