Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help - San Francisco USE & USW 5-10th Oct

flyingscot
By flyingscot,
in

Trying to get a hotel room 4* in USE or USW for check in 5th October for 5 nights. Multiple Bids for last 2 weeks, right up to $95 with no success.

Am I too early? Usually havent had a problem this early. Sorry but i'm not American, is this a holiday period. I don't want to go higher if possible.

So one stay in USE and one stay in USW is not acceptable, correct?

that may be acceptable although i would like to try in this order

1) whole stay in one area (USE or USW)

2) split stay in one area (USE or USW)

3) split stay across both areas

Obvoiusly i'm hoping option 1 is possible to save hassle. I am also willing ot wait a couple of weeks beofre taking these options to see if things open up.

Can you suggest a specific bid strategy? I know i have lots of free rebid options in SF

Since splitting your bid is less than ideal i would hold off on splitting until about a month before your stay. When i had looked previously rates were very reasonable so it's very possible something will open up as you get closer to check-in date.

You may want to book a fully cancellable back-up in the meantime just to 'protect' yourself.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]