Priceline Hotel: strategy for Montreal bidding 10/2-5

Lali
By Lali,
in

Since I don't know the zones here I don't know which to add in bidding.... willing to do 3* even 2* if it is at least clean in decent location. I would like to get something less than $90 if possible since parking will add another $10+ to the bill.

There is only one "downtown" zone via Priceline, but i don't know how ubiquitous the subway stops are to know if you would be close to a subway station anywhere in the zone.

You may want to find a subway map of the area and compare it to this zone and then let us know if you can accept a property anywhere in there shaded area. If not, perhaps Hotwire would be a good bet if we can help figure out the likely hotel beforehand.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This area is faily well bid so the chances of getting something in our hotel lists are very good, but you could get a hotel not yet reported.

Need to know one more bit of info to provide a strategy to meet your needs... what is more important, star quality or price? (ie- just as an example, would you prefer a 4* at $90 or a 3* at $70)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

is it easier do more bidding tries if you do 4* because there are no 4 *'s in some of the other zones? If you try for a 3* is there a chance of getting a zone you do not want?... if this is the case I guess I would just try for the 4* separately and not combine 4 and 3 stars in one bid?

At the 3* level you don't have any re-bid zone... at the 4* level you have four. If you're not sure of your re-bid zones please ask for help first and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Montreal...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Montreadl and re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

That is correct, but...

1) always check your re-bid zones before bidding to make sure nothing has changed

2) make sure that once your 3* bid is rejected, you start from a 'clean' priceline screen so that 3* is NOT checked and that you are ONLY bidding at the 4* level

• 2 months later...

FYI, there's NO WHERE in Montreal where you can get parking for $10 a day... The chepeast I've seen is $14 and have paid $30 (plus tip for valet). I've even paid $10 for THREE HOURS at the Hilton Bon. (found out the hard way to use valet).

The 4* in the downtown region Montreal are extremely hard to get for cheap (in my opinion). Lowering your star rating would help you acquire a nice, cheaper place to stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]