Hotwire Hotel: 2* Newark (Secaucus - Meadowlands) Howard Johnson

wallyworld
By wallyworld,
in

Got this hotel much to my dismay: Normally avoid 2* that I cannot positively identify in this area for fear of getting the HoJo's on Rt3. Hoping they have renovated (SUBSTANTIALLY) since my last stay. A brief TripAdvisor review on the HowardJohnson.com website, has confirmed my fears -- that this property may even be worse than my last stay.

The amenities listed seemed way too extensive for this property, (used to just list free parking and laundry) so I took a chance.

Amenities Listed:

Business Center, In-room accessibility, Accessible for the blind, Fitness Center, Free Internet

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Full List of amenities using the "click-through"

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)--Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Free Parking

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Live and learn -- hope this helps fellow "better bidders". Of course used the HOTWIRE link above. Total cost $83

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in this purchase.

Fortunately it's just for one nite. Hopefully it will work for your needs and be an upside surprise.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your results, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In the interest of fairness -- and to close the loop on this property (at least this stay :) ). I was VERY pleasantly surprised with my room. The hotel has been fairly recently been remodeled (at least my room -- 4th floor). The room was clean, and I was completely satisfied for the star rating of this hotel. I would not be afraid to stay here again, in fact may book a room in the very near future here. No luxury hotel, certainly, but acceptable lodging.

Hope that helps

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]