Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt Islandia

cpcinc98
By cpcinc98,
in

Needed to stay 8/10 to 8/14, kept all bidding to just 4* properties. Started bidding 2 days ago, 8/3:

8/10-8/14 - 4* Coastal - bid $87, rejected

same dates - add Point Loma - bid $90, rejected

change dates to 8/10-8/12 - same areaS - BID $90, rejected

8/10-8/14 - add Coronado - bid $90, rejected

same dates - add Mission Valley - bid $96, rejected

same dates - add Downtown - bid $88, rejected

8/10-8/12 - add Sorrento Mesa - bid $90, rejected

8/11-8/14 - add Carlsbad - bid $95, rejected

8/10-8/14 - add Escondido - bid $105, rejected

same dates - add Miramar - bid $120, rejected

Took an overnight sanity break, & the next morning, bid:

8/10-8/14 - add Del Mar - bid $130, accepted for Hyatt Regency Islandia

The reviews for this place make me wish we're going to be staying elsewhere, but it seems like an okay rate for busy season - any comments? Thanks for your awesome website.

I used this resource for the first time last for a family trip to San Diego. Like you, I found it to be an awesome site. We got the Islandia for around $80 in August 2004. I can't remember the details, but we paid $20($30)? to upgrade to a Hyatt Club? room. We got a great room facing the water in the main tower. More importantly, Hyatt Club gave you access to breakfast and early evening snacks/beverages. With a family of four (two small chidren), it was well worth the $20/$30 dollars we paid, mostly for the convenience. I got the tip from someone posting on this site. Overall, the Islandia is great for families. We spent most our days at Sea World (very close), Legoland, and the beach. It's not as nice as other Hyatts, but I do recommend it for families.

We are going back to San Diego this year. I've been trying to secure 3 rooms in the Coastal region (Aug 27-29) in the last few days without success. I would love to get the Islandia again or even the Hilton. I started at $75 and stopped at $90 with my rebids. It looks like demand is up this year although a few people appear to be getting sub $100 rooms.

Question for the moderator (thereuare) - Would you say it is more difficult to secure 3 rooms than 1? Any tips? The extended family is coming this year, so breaking up the rooms at different locations is not really an option.

The only way that 3 rooms is 'tougher' than 1 is if the hotel has only allocated one room (or there is less than three rooms) left for the opaque providers... not usually the case.

Please start a NEW TOPIC if you'd like help for the current stay your seeking so that we can eventually reflect the winning bid information in the thread title and leave this one alone to reflect the results of the OP's bid.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]