MIA - Minivan - dec 16 to 26 - Hotwire.

Luciano BR
By Luciano BR,
in

Hi!

I'm new at this forum, and have a few doubts about the hot rate at hotwire. I'm looking for a minivan at Miami from december 16 to december 26.

I've seen that the rental rates increase a lot at the second half of december 15, a minivan rate at this dates are almost 3 times higher than at other months. Maybe it's because of the holydays, i don't know.

But i was suprised when i found the hotwire hot rate for a minivan at that dates for 32,99 a day.

So i'd need your help at the following points:

1 - the hotwire page display 8 car rentals companys logos and guarantee that i will rent form one of those, not from any another company. Can i trust that?

2 - they provide the total of rental days and the total of taxes and fees. Does these taxes and fess includes all tax and fees that are usually charged at the rental company counter, like Concession Recoup Fee, Rental Car Facility Chg,

Tire/battery Fee, Florida Surcharge, Vehicle License Fee and Sales Tax?

3 - does hotwire allow me to contract EP insurance at the moment of the purchase, or that should be done at the company counter?

Finally, the rental costs of this minivan at these dates range from 1500 to 1900 dolaars at the regular websites (avis, alamo, Expedia, kayak, etc). The hotwire price is 3 to 4 times less than all the prices i've already found.

It's a huge difference, it's almost too good to be true. Can i really trust that?

I ask because i know that with hotels might have a catch, the location might be not so good, the hotel might be under renovation or even construction, the room must be at an old wing, not enovated. With car rentals, i believe there can be no suprise, a car is a car, and there's no compact 7 seat minivan, i believe i'll rent a Caravan, a Toyota siena or a Kia Sedona. I'm wrong?

Please help me, the hotwire price is good enough for me, i'm just wondering if is there anything wrong i havent noticed.

Thanks a lot.

Luciano, from Brasil.

here is the summary from hotwire:

MinivanHotwire hot Rate

Car rental

Car daily rate:

silkselectedCarSolutionnumDays:$31.95Rental days:

Taxes and fees:

$139.90

Subtotal:

$459.40Trip Total

$459.40

Pick Up

Sunday, December 16, 2012, 7:30AM

Miami Intl. (MIA)

Counter in airport; Shuttle to car

Drop Off

Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 7:30AM

Miami Intl. (MIA

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's all legit... the rental company will be from one of the companies listed and the total rate should include all taxes/fees (and 'add-ons' like insurance, GPS, car seats, etc that you may want would be extra).

I don't know what 'EP insurance' is, but HOTWIRE does offer "Rental Car Damage Protection" for this rental at a rate of an extra $9/day... this is presented during the check-out process and you can read the full terms of what is covered.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]