Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Richmond (Glen Allen) Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn

Gallus50
By Gallus50,
in

Can't seem to nail this one down. Also tried bidding on PL unsuccessfully up to $45. Would like to be in Glen Allen proper, not Innsbrook or West End. So ID would be helpful.

TA rating is 4/5. Here are amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Handicapped Access in its various forms.

Is it Comfort Suites? Hampton Inn Virginia Center? Springhill Suites? (It's driving me a little crazy......!)

My best guess for this one would be the Comfort Suites Innsbrook (if you are interested let us know as i think there is a better way to play it).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interested in your input, but not interested in Comfort Suites Innsbrook.

Need to be two places in Richmond that weekend - the raceway for Highland Games (east and slightly north of downtown) and Kings Dominion on Sunday (straight north on highway). Glen Allen is good, because it's about 15-20 minutes from each. But Innsbrook would probably double to both drives, and I don't want that.

The 3* in West/Glen Allen looks like Holiday Inn I-63, which I really don't want. Very sketchy reviews. Travelocity Secret Hotels has what looks like Best Western Plus Glen Allen, which would be ok.

I'll probably bid again. Any other ideas?

Wait - One more thing!

I know they are not always in real time, but the TA rating on this listing is 4/5 for TA. The Comfort Suites only gets a 3.5/5. They've usually been accurate in my experience. Doesn't that indicate that this listing is something else?

Also - It doesn't come up when I search for 2, but it does when I search for 3 adults.

I know they are not always in real time...

I think this is the instance here.

I'd also suggest looking out our recently updated MAPS and HOTELS.com since you may find something there with the perfect location to both events... it's very easy to filter by star rating, price, etc. to make the map less cluttered and easily see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or closer/further from your desired location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link if you decide to go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In case I book this and for future reference: If I were to book this and it is Comfort Suites/Innsbrook, would I have recourse with Hotwire that it is not good enough?

Meaning that I booked a 4/5 TA opaque listing and this would be a 3.5/5. It's sort of like it not having an amenity they promised or an incorrect star level.

Also - Why do you think this is still CS/I, considering the discrepancy?

I appreciate your help. Thanks for putting in the time with this. (And I pretty much always use the links.)

Here is another listing where I could use some assistance, please. Same dates, same stay. $41 PN, Reg Price $92, 4/5 on TA.

3* Richmond Airport RIC

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

I think this may be the Hampton Inn at the airport. Laundry icon was throwing me, but I found coin-operated laundry listed on the Hampton Inn website.

Do you all have any other ideas?

In case I book this and for future reference: If I were to book this and it is Comfort Suites/Innsbrook, would I have recourse with Hotwire that it is not good enough? Meaning that I booked a 4/5 TA opaque listing and this would be a 3.5/5.

I think you would have a very good case, and HOTWIRE is usually very good with their customer service when it is something concrete like this, but i can't say for certain how they would react.

If you do decide you want to try for the Comfort Inn let us know as i would play it slightly differently.

3* Richmond Airport RIC

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

OK, here they are.

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Glad to hear you got this stay settled.

Use the "EDIT TO REPORT WIN" button on the bottom right of this page/post... fill out the form to reflect the details of your win (including changing the service used to 'Priceline') and this thread will automatically be moved to that section of the correct board. ;)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Might have been a slight overbid, but PL pushed me to do it. Nothing was hitting up to $49, then PL said I could bid $8 more and get what I wanted. I waited a day and bid $51. Since reg. published rates for BW were going down to approx $64, I might have gotten it cheaper.

Not delighted with this win, but not disappointed either. Wasn't finding what I wanted on HOTWIRE or Travelocity Secret Hotels. I basically expected the BW and the location is good for my need

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]