Rebid by Changing Date

riekhof
By riekhof,
in

Can someone confirm what I just discovered pertaining to getting a "free" rebid by changing date of request?

I requested a 2* room in a city that only has one area. I didn't get my price, so I rebid by changing my date up one day. I bid low so that I knew I wouldn't get my price. (which I didn't) Then I changed the date back to the original date and lo and behold, I was able to rebid using my original criteria and only changed my price! :)

Will this stategy work consistently? I haven't stumbled across a thread on this site that recommends/suggests this tactic to "bid" for a room.

Any comments appreciated.

Actually, I was just experimenting to see what would happen. When I rebid I also used a low bid (but higher than first bid) because I really wasn't wanting a room.

Here's the specific transaction: Bid # 1 was for a 2* on Monday nite for $10. Not accepted. Bid #2 was for Tuesday nite, raised bid to $11. Same star level. Not accepted. Bid #3 was back to Monday nite, raised bid to $12. Still same star level. Again, bid not accepted and the screen was the same screen that always comes up when the bid is not accepted, asking if you can change date or star level and rebid.

Have there been other users who consistently were locked out of a rebid when the original criteria were used?

Your bid amounts probably did not meet the minimum threshold for a bid to even get submitted (and priceline doesn't tell you this, they simply give you an automatic rejection screen). If priceline checks th minimum threshold before checking for a duplicate bid, that could explain the results you experienced.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]