Hotwire Hotel: Hotels Near Stadiums

jhern87
By jhern87,
in

I'm going to be up in Seattle on the 28th and will need a hotel that night because I'm going to be attending a football game the following day. If possible I'm looking for a hotel within walking distance of the stadium (somewhere downtown?). Really I'm just looking for bidding advice before I start.. I'm not picky when it comes to stars, really just seeking a good value with a decent location. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

In terms of PRICELINE, when bidding a particular zone, you have to be willing to stay anywhere within the zone. With HOTWIRE, you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing based upon the amenities given, but only one hotel shows at each star rating for each set of dates.

The HOTWIRE listings that have been reported to the board can be found here: Hotwire Hotel List WA

Are you seeing any listing/s of interest when searching for these dates? Please provide the star rating, price per night (in USD$ before taxes/fees), zone and complete list of amenities showing with the listing if you need help trying to confirm an ID.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The Silver Cloud Stadium is the closest hotel to both Safeco and Centurly Link stadiums (i'm not sure which one you're going to)

After that, there isn't much in the immediate area. You can certainly get to both via public transportation and then a moderate walk, but from true 'Downtown' (ie- Pike Place Market) it would be quite a walk to the stadium.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and as well as your desired budget and we'll advise accordingly.

Also, if you haven't yet, please read your messages and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your guys' help.. I've walked from around the Pike Place Market area a few times and didn't find it too brutal.. I'm young and since I'm not from the city I don't mind a little walk. I'm not really trying to spend that much (hopefully around $80 per night) and I will have a rental car so ultimately I may just end up getting a hotel near Seatac but I figured I try and get something closer to the stadiums so I could go out the night before for drinks with some buddies.

It's a bit over a mile, so not terrible and do-able, but not the most enjoyable once you get outside of 'core' Downtown.

When bidding 4* in Seattle you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Pike Place...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93

The above goes up to $93/nite but you're of course free to stop at whatever levels you'd like. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please post what you found...we will be in Seattle for the same game, and are looking for a downtown hotel, as well.

Please start a new thread with the date/s of travel and we would be happy to help. If your dates differ even slightly from the original poster's, rates for your dates could very well be different/quite different.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Okay, so I need to do the research to determine the zones to "rebid" correct? As in choose zones that don't have a 4* so eventually has to put me one in the area that I'm looking for? I also don't need to be in a 4*.. Or is that all that is downtown?

I'll definitely be sure to post my results.. I'm going up with a fairly large crowd so I'm waiting to make sure everyone that's riding with me is willing to get a hotel before I commit to anything.

I also don't need to be in a 4*.. Or is that all that is downtown?

Not sure why i assumed 4*... there are lower rated hotels Downtown as well.

Once you're ready to bid let us know what star rating you'd like to try for, and if not 4*, we'll revise the strategy accordingly. (NOTE: obviously you'll have different re-bid zones depending upon the star rating you choose... so the strategy above would likely not apply if you were looking to bid less than 4*)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be in Seattle for the game as well..checking in Sept. 28th..but staying thru the 30th.

Thus why I asked to see what he ended up with.

Your dates are different then the OP's and you may receive a different hotel then him/her (which is also possible even if your dates are identical to theirs).

While asking the OP for a follow-up is perfectly acceptable, s/he hasn't posted in 2+ weeks so may not return to see your question and was also waiting on others so may not have bid yet, which is why it was suggested you start a NEW TOPIC for help with your own stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]