Priceline Hotel: Going to Denver on 10/14 to 10/17

jrmarden
By jrmarden,
in

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to Denver on the dates 10/14 to 10/17 to see my good old Broncos play the Patriots.. I have never been to Denver before and I was hoping you guys might be able to give me some suggestions on where and how to book the hotel. I heard Downtown is the place to be but I'm not too sure. Also, I think it would be great if the hotel was close enough to the game that public transportation or even walking was a possibility..

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks..

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First thing you need to do is decide upon a zone to bid on. Take a look at a map of where the stadium located and then compare that to Priceline's zone boundaries... the hotel you receive can be anywhere in the zone.

I don't know the area well enough to tell you how far properties may be from the stadium, but once you determine which area you want to stay and a budget, we'll be able to help you further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming a 3* or 4* will be fine for your needs?

If so, you have seven re-bid zones at the 4* level and two as the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone7...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone6...

Bid $125.

If the above is rejected you can either wait it out or try for a 3* property. If you want to try for a 3* i would bid:

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since I am kind of new, let me see if i have the right idea...

I am interested in a 4* hotel in downtown

- by adding a zone that does not have a 4* hotel to downtown, I enable myself to bid again while still on searching for 4* hotels in downtown

- to this just to clarify there are no 4* hotels in zone 1-7

- what are the (2) zones for the 3* hotels

- these 2 zones have only 2* or less hotels?

thanks for all your help.. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yes, i believe you have the concept down, but i will add...

You say:

by adding a zone that does not have a 4* hotel to downtown

It's not zones which just don't have 4* hotels... it's zones that only have hotels lower than than 4*. So if a zone has no 4* properties but does have a Resort or 5* property, then that zone is not a re-bid zone (you made this clear in the second part of your post regarding 3* properties but it's worth repeating)

there are no 4* hotels in zone 1-7

I'm not certain what you mean by 'zones 1-7', if u mean the first 7 zones that priceline lists, then this is NOT correct. You may want to confirm/list the names of the seven zones you consider to be re-bid zones. If you're confused, or you list the wrong zones, we'll be sure to get you back on track :)

In the bidding strategy you

bid downtown 4*

add rebid zone 1 and bid -- if rejected

add rebid zone 2..

I think i grasp it..

where do I find out the rebid zones for 4* hotels in the denver area?

just to clarify - the rebid zones for 3* hotels would be included in the rebid zones for 4* hotels but not the other way around right?

Thank you so much for all your help.. I really appreciate it..

where do I find out the rebid zones for 4* hotels in the denver area?

Read thru this thread: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED. From this thread:
The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.
the rebid zones for 3* hotels would be included in the rebid zones for 4* hotels but not the other way around right?
Hmm... i'm not sure, as i interpret this differently each time i read it :) To rephrase it, when bidding for 4* you'll never have less re-bid zones than when bidding for 3*... so the 3* re-bid zones are also re-bid zones for the 4* level, but not necessarily the other way around.

Best bet is to list all the Denver zones and then next to each zone list the highest star rating available in that zone (following the instructions in the quote box above) and then we'll explain it further with more concrete examples.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]