Seperating winning bids by city

disneyworldfan
By disneyworldfan,
in

Hi

I have been an "everyday" visitor to another board, and just found out about this one today through DisBords. Thanks for starting it up!!! My question/suggestion is are there any plans to seperate the winning bids by vicinity or city. If all the "Disney World Vicinity" bids were in one area for example, it may be a little easier to research... just a thought

Thanks for starting the board...

I'll be here every day!!!

Tom :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This topic has been brought up before and you can read more about it HERE.

There are a few issues involved which i'm trying to resolve before making any widespread changes, but please feel free to add your comments/thoughts/solutions regarding the following:

-too many forums (splitting states up into sub-zones) will place more of a strain on the server and result in slower board loads and less stability. I don't know how many of our users are using broadband vs. dial-up, but nationwide stats show that less than half use broadband. So we're caught in a tug-of-war between easy navigation vs. page load and stability.

My 'solution' for this in the meantime is utilizing the search feature. Unlike TOBB ('the other bulletin board' as we like to refer to it) our search feature actually works!

As a test and using your example, i just did a search putting the following in the text box: walt and disney or WDW or Orlando. This will find post that contain both the words 'walt' and 'disney' OR posts that contain the word 'WDW' OR post that contain the word 'Orlando'. You can also perform these searches on the entire Flordia forum, or just the Florida Hotwire forum or just the Florida Priceline forum. The default search is the last 30 days, but this too can be changed by using the drop-down box on the bottom right.

-the other 'problem' i have with sub-dividing states is that some (ok, maybe it's just me :) ) aren't too good at geography. Long ago i was searching at TOBB for a friend for a hotel in West Palm Beach and it took some time before i found the correct category, as i didn't know if this area was considered central FL, a southern beach, west coast, or something else.

My belief is that the search feature solves the organizational problem, but this doesn't mean that we won't sub-divide the states in the near or distant future. I'm still awaiting feedback (from our users, so feel free to speak up if you have an opinion) if the search feature does sufficiently accomplish this organizational situation, as well as figure out how the board/server will handle the additional resources required.

Looking forward to seeing you around the board!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]