Hotwire Hotel: Some Curiosity

JAeboy
By JAeboy,
in

A first post I make while bidding for next week 8/20~8/24. Some curiosity I have right now.

What is Generally the rate of discount I get when I bid?

With Tax/Fees, very big part of discount is compromised...

Anyway, Chelsea Area, 2 1/2 ~4stars, okay for Financial District, SoHo, Madison Square, Central Park,Midtown, Lower, Upper! Anyware is fine and my max budget is 100 a day. Because of the Fees/Tax...

Help me out! :)

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There is no standard rate of discount - it can vary from somewhat to very significant and can vary from day-to-day. The taxes/fees do not have an effect on the discount, because you're paying the same taxes and often similar fees when booking regular rate.

Unfortunately, $100 is not likely going to be enough for these dates. For a 2.5/3* you're likely looking at around $135-165, depending on the zone. For a 4* you're probably looking at closer to $175-200+ depending on the zone.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Haha thanks for the advising.

Well that is what I thought. Most expensive time of the year. School starting and vacation almost ending. :)

Actually, it's not the most expensive time of the year. What is your alternative plan if you can't get a room for $100? Would you consider staying in NJ?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]