Priceline Hotel: Westhampton Beach Area

swamphox
By swamphox,
in

I am new and I need a room on Aug31-Sept2 Near The Hamptons on Long Island. Very limited in the amount of Hotels available. I have placed a bid and was rejected. I increase my zone and was rejected again. I understand that I need to wait 24hrs. After that 24 hrs can I change everything about my bid in that area? Is my only option from here to go up in price? I don't really understand strategy here in getting the best rate. Is the best way to go by rebidding and increasing the bid amount? If I don't get a winning bid as I approach the date I need is the amount of a winning bid only going to go higher? Thanks for the help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As Westhampton isn't covered by any of the zones on the PRICELINE map, exactly which zones have you already bid, what star rating(s) were selected, and what bid amounts did you make that were rejected?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am new to this and I did have a little time so I bit low, 75.00 and it was rejected. There are 4 areas to bid on in Suffolk County, Medford, Riverhead and a couple other in the area. I am now running out of time and I will need to book a room soon. Strategy advice if any?

There are 4 areas to bid on in Suffolk County, Medford, Riverhead and a couple other in the area.

Are all four zones acceptable and did you include all of these zones in your previous bidding? What star rating did you choose? Is this the minimum star rating you're willing to accept for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Riverhead area is probably the closest zone to Westhampton Beach. What are conventional rates for your stay? How much is your maximum bid? Do you have a backup plan of you are unsuccessful bidding up to your maximum? I won the Hyatt Place last winter, it was really nice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]