Priceline Hotel: SF 4* Oct 27-30

ZWP
By ZWP,
in

Hi all,

This is my very first post and first time trying this Priceline bidding strategy so please be go easy on me! :)

My dad and I will be visiting San Fran (and Vegas and LA but I will post those on the respective threads) for the first time in late October. I will be paying for the rooms during the trip and am hoping to get something nice (i.e. 4* category) as a treat for my dad.

I have had a read through this forum and various websites and am keen to stay in the USE, Financial / Embarcadero / Fisherman's Wharf districts. I have also seen various wins at great prices which I have tried to follow (e.g. ~$115 bid price before including all the services and fees that you guys mention).

I tried USE, added Financial District (as I don't mind there either), and then added Embarcadero (4* and raising price slightly on each occasion), but but have not been successful so far.

Is this a particularly busy period, and can you provide any bidding tips / strategies?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ZWP

There are two conferences taking place during your dates above:

10/26-10/29 Audio Engineers with 17K people

10/27-10/31 American Public Health Association with 12K people

At current rates my guess is that you'll need to be near $220-$240 for a 4* hotel... if looking to be closer to $150 may need to go down to a 3* or less.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

smardie,

If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, your own stay, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and your searches too! (please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]