Toronto Airport Car Rental Help and Strategy

ashkash
By ashkash,
in

I am flying into Toronto YYZ and need a rental car picking up on 8/13 and returning 8/17 at the same location. I am looking at economy, compact, mid-size; basically whatever is the cheapest. I would prefer a compact though. What should be my starting bid and what should be the strategy. I have never bid on a rental car before. Thanks.

So figure any priceline fee will run you about $2/day on a 4 day rental... so you'd need to do better than $20/day Priceline bid. You can only bid once every seven days without changing your car class or dates, so you only really have one shot at it.

Figure out how much you would have to save to make Priceline worthwhile and give it a shot. I'd suggest somewhere about $17 or so... but make sure you check the total cost and compare it to the total cost of your 'back-up'.

If you do book direct please use our Orbitz link.

PS- have you made any progress on your PRICELINE NIAGARA FALLS post (please update that thread).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]