Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Bloomington West - Mall of America Area) Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Minneapolis-Bloomington Sout

Triska
By Triska,
in

I've successfully bid in the Airport-Mall of America area earlier this year and received a hotel with a shuttle and assume that's the norm for this area. Does anyone know if all hotels 2.5* or higher in Bloomington West and Eagan have shuttles or if it would be too much of a gamble to use them for rebid zones if needed? I'm looking for the 11th. The Hotwire prices are running about $100 and I'm hoping to get something 2.5* or 3* for about $50. Any suggestions?

I bid $48 for the Mall of America/ Airport area for 3*. I added Bloomington West for $62. Got the "try to bid at $72" message. Normally I bid in between, but after some research on other sites, I realized that many hotels near the airport were full, so I just did the full bid. I won the Doubletree, which was a 3.5* upgrade at $72 plus taxes. I'm happy with the hotel, but when I called to confirm the airport shuttle, they told me that it doesn't start until 7 and my flight leaves at 6:30, so I'll have to pay about $35 for a taxi so I don't have to have my sister wake up her three little kids at 4:30am so she can bring us.

Sorry to hear this property doesn't really meet your needs or the purpose of getting a hotel room for this trip.

Unfortunately as you know now, this is always a risk when you have a very early flight and need shuttle service as even when hotels do offer a shuttle, it may not be 24/7. HOTWIRE might have been a better option since you could take a guess as to the property beforehand and then do a little research to see if the shuttle operates at a time that you need it.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]