Hotwire Hotel: 3* W Indianapolis/Pyramids at College Park Caribbean Cove

the midwesten
By the midwesten,
in

Trying to win a hotel in downtown Indianapolis for Saturday August 11th, but have bid up to $70 with no luck. Seems like past wins were much less. When I look at the other travel sites it is suggesting that almost every hotel is booked. Is there something that would be going on in downtown Indianapolis this weekend that would have all the hotels booked? If so, does anyone know of a good area on the north to east side (between 11 o'clock and 3 o'clock, if you are looking at a map). Driving through on the way to Chicago and wanted to break up the trip with a cheaper stay. Maybe that isn't going to happen.

Seems like past wins were much less. When I look at the other travel sites it is suggesting that almost every hotel is booked.

Rates are date specific, and if as you point out most hotels are sold-out or at/near full capacity, there is little reason for them to offer a deep discount to the opaque services.

What star level are you bidding? Will you be doing more than just sleeping in the room and then continuing onward towards Chicago the following day, or do you need to near restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. that a Downtown location usually provides?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The "lure" of downtown would be the convenience (walking) of some nightlife and other sites. But honestly, it probably isn't worth bidding up to $90 or anything for it. Saw a hotel popped up on Hotwire for over $150. I'll take that as a sign. I was bidding down to 3 stars. If I were paying $150, I might as well just keep going to Chicago!

With that said, we don't need that convenience, but I am unfamiliar with the surrounding areas. It looked like Carmel might be cool (art district) and Zionsville sounded interesting. Most likely we will explore downtown during the day and then make our way towards the hotel as the day winds down. I'd think we would either stay in "NW Indianapolis/Pyramids" or "Keystone - Carmel" unless there is a better idea. Been on the Speedway side more then a few times and don't need to visit it on this trip. Probably bid $40~$45 for a 2.5 star later on or something.

Thanks for the reply. If you have any advice, I am all ears. I'll post whatever hotel I get, once I win it.

I don't know the areas outside of downtown that well, but if you use Priceline Maps you can filter the star ratings you're interested in and then look at the historical price ranges to see which zone(s) may offer the best value with proximity to Downtown (which you can determine by looking at the map)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Been trying to score a deal for August 11th in Indianapolis on Priceline without much luck. Looking at the Hotwire offerings, this caught my eye:

NW Indianapolis/Pyramids at College Park area hotel, 2* with a 90% recommendation.

The only ammentities listed are:

Free Parking

Doing a bunch of searches online for other travel sites and I still have no idea what this could be. Typically I don't go down to 2 stars, but the others have a much worse recommendation. Just using it for a place to crash, so if it were decent I might jump on it. If anyone has any thoughts to what it could be, please let me know.

Thanks for all the help.

Tried Priceline all week long (Downtown up to $85, Carmel up to $72, NW up to $58). Below a 3* felt to risky, so I went with this sucker. Pretty amazed at how difficult it was to bid in Indy and how pricey it was. By far the most difficult city thus far.

Anyway, I think this hotel is going to be an experience (I believe it has onsite waterparks). Oh well, I really just need a bed. Hopefully it isn't soggy from the water park!!

3* W Indianapolis/Pyramids at College Park Caribbean Cove

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Parking

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I'm not able to find any information on this property, can you please add a reply to this thread with the address of this hotel?

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]