Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

Portland74
By Portland74,
in

Hi,

I was hoping for some help id'ing this hotel for October stay.

Price: $141 for 4 nights (normally $254)

10/24 - 10/28

Amenities:

Indoor Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

85% Hotwire recommendation rate

If I'm reading this right -is this the Hyatt Mag. Mile?

I've heard that Oct fills up quick in Chicago so I might book it based on location and price. Thoughts?

Thanks much!

Once I decide to pull the trigger, I'll be sure to use the links!

Dates changed from 10/24 - 10/29

Prices seem to be trending up, not down. I've got tons of experience on bidding for SF and the rest of the West coast on Priceline, as well as Hotwire - but this is my first trip to Chicago.

Any hints as to how pricing might how for this time in Oct? Not sure about conventions, etc. in this city. I kinda want to stay in Gold Coast or Mag. Mile Watertower (this is a trip for pleasure, not business).

Thanks again!

Chicago in October/November - similar to NYC - is a particularly busy time frame, with occasional periods of more considerable traffic due to conventions or things like the marathon.

The issue with PRICELINE is that the NMA-River North zone is fairly large - it's not a huge area from a walking standpoint, but if you want to be in the Gold Coast or more towards the Water Tower part of the NMA area, there is no way to specify that. You could end up right by the river. HOTWIRE splits the same area into 3.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for all the great info. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger at $155 per night (used your HOTWIRE link). I guess the price could have gone down $10 or $20 per night, but I kinda doubt there would have been any BIG savings for a 4* in the areas I wanted for those dates, especially for 5 nights.

Turns out it was the Hyatt Mag Mile right off Michigan Ave which from what I gather is a good location.

Thanks again!

Congrats on your success.

Superb win for this property and thank you for letting us know about the change in amenity set so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

I've stayed at this property when it was a Wyndham (which it was up until about June 1st of this year), and I've always thought it was a nice property - rooms are somewhat larger-than-average, rooms were always quite clean and I've always found this hotel to be very quiet. Some people have said they've heard street noise, but I've never ran into that at all at this hotel. This property is superbly located a block or so from Michigan Ave. If you don't want to go far, there's a Corner Bakery across the street (lunch/breakfast/dinner) - expensive (relatively), but certainly cheaper than room service.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]