Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Long Island - Suffolk County (Macarthur Airport ISP) Crowne Plaza Hotel Long Island - Macarthur Arpt

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

I had bid unsuccessfully in the nearby Hauppauge zone in an attempt to get the Hyatt, I guess $43 bids are a thing of the past, or until the fall and winter. I changed to the MacArthur zone and thought I'd be able to snag the 3* Holiday Inn for $55 as in the past, but I was rejected. Made several other rebids by adding the "tapped out" Hauppauge zone, and dropped down to the 2.5 star level while increasing my bid to $62, success.

Room Cost: $62.00

Taxes and Fees: $16.38

Total Room Cost: $78.38

Upon check in, the rate on my folio was listed as $54, so it appears that I had overbid for this stay, but I am pleased nonetheless. The rack rate was $119 plus tax. The hotel is nice and looks recently refurbished, there is an on site restaurant and bar. The rooms are on the small side and the bathrooms are tiny for a suburban property. Free wifi is a big plus and the hotel is right off the L.I.E.

I used BiddingHelper.com to make my bids and check out rates from HOTWIRE, it appeared that the Holiday Inn was available for $73. I find that BiddingHelper.com is a great tool for rebidding when I am out of rebid zones and I need to start a new bid, all I have to do is click the "search" tab since my desired zone is already plugged into the search box. I was also able to use the search box on the upper right to see recent bids for this area, an invaluable tool.

• 1 month later...

I recently drove past this hotel and the Crowne Plaza signs are covered up, its now a Ramada. With some of the competition in the area, I think this place will have a tough go.

RAMADA PLAZA LONG ISLAND MACARTHUR AIRPORT HOTEL

1730 North Ocean Ave

Holtsville, NY 11742

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]