Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - River North) Doubletree Mag Mile

TL12
By TL12,
in

We are looking to stay in Chicago during December 7-9 near the Magnificent Mile North side. We are looking for a room with two beds and no additional fee's other than parking at the hotel. We are planning on taking the Chicago SIGNATURE Tour and don't want to be far away from a pick up spot due to the fact we do not want to drive at all once we get in Chicago. Nice hotel with free wi-fi and maybe even complimentary breakfast or have a restaurant in or near the hotel for breakfast. I've never bid on here before so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are driving, Tour company will be Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Tours, Price Range is Cheaper the Better but at MAX $150 per night. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We are looking for a room with two beds and no additional fee's other than parking at the hotel.

Are you more than double occupancy OR are there only two people but you each would like your own bed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A few thoughts:

1. Few hotels in the city (especially at the 3.5*/4* level) offer free breakfast and fewer offer free wifi. These amenities can't be specified when using PRICELINE, but you can look for a listing with free breakfast and free wifi amenities on HOTWIRE. Most hotels have restaurants, but there's so many restaurants in Chicago that I would highly recommend going out of the hotel.

2. As Chicago goes, these dates are on the lower end of the general price range.

3. There is no need to drive in Chicago - the city is highly walkable. In fact, I'd suggest not driving if at all possible - it's just costly and a hassle. Parking at hotels is $40-60, but parking at city lots is generally around $20-25.

4. Definitely bundle up if you are planning on doing tours in December.

5. If you need more than one bed, I would suggest looking at HOTWIRE instead, where you can indicate a party of four to ensure more than 1 bed (2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway), even if you are not a party of four - I'd suggest entering two adults and two children (even if there is not two children.)

I see what appears to be the Doubletree Mag Mile for $84 and the W Lakeshore for $99 when searching for 2a/2c for these dates on HOTWIRE (the prices you see may differ slightly.) If either of these would be of interest, let us know and we would be happy to point out which listings these hotels may be.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

A few thoughts:

1. Few hotels in the city (especially at the 3.5*/4* level) offer free breakfast and fewer offer free wifi. These amenities can't be specified when using PRICELINE, but you can look for a listing with free breakfast and free wifi amenities on HOTWIRE. Most hotels have restaurants, but there's so many restaurants in Chicago that I would highly recommend going out of the hotel.

2. As Chicago goes, these dates are on the lower end of the general price range.

3. There is no need to drive in Chicago - the city is highly walkable. In fact, I'd suggest not driving if at all possible - it's just costly and a hassle. Parking at hotels is $40-60, but parking at city lots is generally around $20-25.

4. Definitely bundle up if you are planning on doing tours in December.

5. If you need more than one bed, I would suggest looking at HOTWIRE instead, where you can indicate a party of four to ensure more than 1 bed (2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway), even if you are not a party of four - I'd suggest entering two adults and two children (even if there is not two children.)

I see what appears to be the Doubletree Mag Mile for $84 and the W Lakeshore for $99 when searching for 2a/2c for these dates on HOTWIRE (the prices you see may differ slightly.) If either of these would be of interest, let us know and we would be happy to point out which listings these hotels may be.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Doubletree looks nicer than the W Lakeshore. Which city parking lots are closest to the mag mile?

Navy Pier would be closest (really not a far walk at all) from the Doubletree.

If I look up 12/7-9 on HOTWIRE with two adults and two children (in an attempt to indicate a party of 4, even if there is not 4), I see:

a 3.5* Mag Mile w/fitness, pool, restaurant, internet, business for $84 (the price you see may differ slightly.) That would be a likely match for the Doubletree. If the Doubletree, a large Dominicks Grocery is on the opposite corner (cheaper snacks/drinks) and there are plenty of restaurant options nearby - Michigan Ave. would also be an easy walk.

Thanks so much for the info. DoubleTree Hilton per their website room rates for these dates was $189 BUT I was able to get the DoubleTree Hilton for $86 per night with the 2a/2c option. Total cost with the added insurance and fee's was around $217 and some change. Can't wait to enjoy this weekend :)

Congrats on your success.

This is an excellent deal for this well-located Doubletree property during the busy Christmas season.

Can you confirm the amenities showing with the HOTWIRE listing were pool/fitness/business/restaurant/internet? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Millennium Park is listed as the first stop/boarding area for the tour. To get to Millennium Park from this property is easy:

Walk South on Columbus, which is right next to your hotel. You will quickly arrive at the river. Cross the river and you will see a staircase on the left hand side. Don't continue on lower Columbus, head up the staircase to Wacker. Continue South on Upper Columbus and you will quickly arrive at Randolph. Head a few steps West on Randolph and you'll be at the top end of Millennium Park.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]