Priceline Hotel: Parking Alternatives for Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Jeff S
By Jeff S,
in

I was thinking about bidding for this property as there are have been so many great rates won lately. Held off when I found that the parking costs $57 per night.

Does anyone know of any parking alternatives to using the in/out service offered by the hotel?

Appreciate any advice! And as always, when I do book I will be using the PRICELINE link here on BetterBidding.com!

Best regards,

Jeff

I am looking at the Hyatt Regency in the Financial District. Looking at a stay on 8/22-8/26. Based on that I would be looking at $228 for parking alone. That is without calculating all the tips for each in and out I make.

I don't mind a short walk to my car, if there are any cheaper public options.

Also, do you need your car during your stay OR can you drop it off upon your arrival and retrieve it when it's time to leave?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and please click each of these links before replying).

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you don't have one (or two) already, I would invest in one/two inexpensive umbrella strollers... even if they don't use one at home, they're great for 'walking cities' and fold-up easily to get on the bus or train.

Keep in mind that when you get to whatever attraction you're visiting, there may (likely) be a parking charge there as well... so mass transit OR taxi can sometimes be your better (and still cheaper) option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Parking is always a beast in San Francisco - this is one city where I try to always use taxis or public transit (BART or Muni). You can buy 1-day, 3-day, and 7-day unlimited passes at various places in the city for Muni.

Flying into SFO or OAK means you can take BART into the City. Seeing all of the other facts of the OP's visit, the umbrella stroller idea is a pretty good investment. Park the car in a garage, leave it there to avoid the hassles of driving and parking, and take the bus if possible. I'm a fan of their public transit but I come from the land of urban sprawl. :)

That being said, you could get cheaper parking in one of the City-run garages, which tend to run $34 maximum per day. Better than $57 at the hotel.

Link to City of San Francisco garages and rates: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/pgar/garages.htm

Good luck!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to take (since with the kids you'll be quad occupancy) HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Also, not that when you bid you'll be bidding a 4* hotel in the zone(s) you're willing to accept, not specifically the Hyatt.

If you'd like move forward with PRICELINE let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept and your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly... if you'd like to use HOTWIRE let us know if anything is offered within your desired star rating, zones, and budget when searching HOTWIRE for your dates (and occupancy).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Jeff... down in the Financial District and Embarcadaro there are a lot of alternatives. The best that I used to do when traveling was the Overnight Values when you would enter by 5pm and exit by 7am. This way, you can use your car to drive the coastline and do day trips out of the city while saving cash. Of course, as the other posts state, you don't want or need your car when you are doing stuff in the city. So, you should be able to have the best of both worlds -- bite the bullet for 24 hour parking and save when you only need overnight back at the hotel. Some of the lots might be a bit of a walk. This way, you can get away from the family, grab a coffee, take a nice walk, and pull up to the hotel and load from there (just my idea having traveled the US with twins from babies to now 13. Here are a couple of options:

http://sanfrancisco.centralparking.com/San-Francisco-Financial-District-Parking.html

... err... my PC is about to crash. More later...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]