Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) Sheraton Suites Lincoln Harbor

justforcrusin'
By justforcrusin',
in

Using the sites HOTWIRE link, I booked this hotel for three nights per-cruise, with taxes for $360.56. Hotwire amenities included:

Indoor pool, smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant, Accessible for the blind, In-room accessibility, business center, Accessible bathroom, accessible for the deaf, Accessible bathroom, High speed Internet, accessible path! Handicapped parking

After multiple offers through Priceline in the Manhattan area, I felt very fortunate to find this deal on Hotwire. I understand this property has a ferry and bus stop right there, but there isn't a train station near. Do you know if there are restaurants within walking distance of this property?

Thanks better bidding.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your arrival.

Note that the ferry is right next door to this hotel but it's expensive at $9/pp each way... there is a bus right near the door of the hotel as well that will take you to the Port Authority for ~$3.45/pp each way. The ferry is a nice way to travel, but not necessarily worth 3x the bus, imo.

As far as restaurants, across the street from the hotel there is a Ruth's Chris, Houlihans, and during 'working hours' there is a small food court (~7-8 fast food establishments) to serve the office building. However, there is also a new waterfront walkway that has opened behind the hotel that makes getting to the northern end of Hoboken easy and there are retaurants/pubs there as well... if you let me know what type of food you like and budget i can make some recommendations there as well.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hoboken has a long (and proud) history of Italian heritage so it stand to reason that we have good italian restaurants.

One of the best in town is Augustino's (11th and Washington St) but it's expensive for Hoboken (~$125 dinner for two with a drink each), cash only, and you'll need to make a reservation (now).

Best 'bang for the buck' italian is Margherita's on 8th and Washington (anything with red sauce is great)... no reservations accepted and if dining on the weekend you'll want to get there by 6:15pm to avoid a wait (you can get there a little later on Thursday). BYOB so you can pick up a bottle of win or a six pack of beer on the way. If there is a wait, they give you a beeper and you can go the 'basic old school' bar across the street to have a drink and you'l be paged once your meal is ready.

We also have some GREAT delis which for the most part all pride themselves on their home made mozzarella... you could always pick up a couple of sandwiches and bring to the waterfront for a skyline picnic (good for lunch or dinner). Closest good deli to the Sheraton is the M&P Biancomano on 11th and Washington. If they have both breads available ask for crispy and anything with fresh mozzarella (calles 'mutz' in Hoboken) will be good... although the turkey here is sub-par (and i'd stay away from their hot sandwiches... stick with the deli meats which will be piled high with thick slabs of mutz)

All of the above are a 'moderate' 15-20 minute walk from the Sheraton (or ask the hotel to point you to the #126 bus which will travel down Washington and stop at all even numbered streets)

PS- the owners of M&P Biancomano are avid cruisers too

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]