priceline international flight bidding with infant in lap

Flyingdelphin
By Flyingdelphin,
in

Hello all

I am new on this forum, but feel you might help me :)

I am looking for international roundtrip flight with my 1 year old son (in lap) and consider using priceline bidding.

But priceline says "We do not support bookings with unticketed infants for this trip. If you wish you can purchase the tickets for the other passengers, and then contact the carrier to arrange for the infant. The carrier will inform you of the applicable charges for the infant"

Have any one tried it?

p.s. your airfare checker do not allow search of flights beyond 2012

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm assuming that taxes would still need to be paid on the infant ticket and that is why you would need to arrange with the carrier. However, i'm not a fan of purchasing a non-refundable ticket and having an 'unknown' extra charge that would still need to be paid. Although extreme, what if there is an airline that wouldn't allow for an infant in lap... that would throw a real curve ball in these plans, especially since you're already committed to the non-refundable ticket.

If you're willing to accept the risk i would first write PRICELINE and ask if the airline could deny the 'lap baby' and force a full ticket purchase OR if all their airline partners allow for lap babies and it's simply a matter of a paying the needed taxes.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- we'll try to look into the Airfare Checker this weekend.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]