Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Denver (North - Thorton) La Quinta Inn Westminster Denver North

Lexus423
By Lexus423,
in

Trying to book a hotel in the Northglenn-Thornton area near Denver,Colorado. I want to bid on the 2 1/2 star Moderate plus hotel (highest available) however I DO NOT want to end up with the Ramada. I see that under the definitions of a 2 1/2 star hotel would be like a Fairfield Inn and a 2 star would include Ramada. Is there any chance I would win the Ramada if I bid on the 2 1/2 star moderate?

Has: Swimming Pool

Free breakfast

Free parking

Gym

7+ rating

I'm not familiar with these particular properties. However, my understanding is that they give examples of chain names to give you an idea of what kind of hotels are represented for a given star level. Particular locations may have slightly more or slightly fewer stars than what they say when they're giving examples of a star level. So just because they list Ramada Inn as a typical 2* hotel, any particular Ramada Inn could have a 2.5* designation.

I also see that if you search for hotels on the non-bid part of the Priceline site in the Northglenn-Thornton area, they list the Ramada Plaza & Convention Center Denver North as a 2.5* hotel.

So I would say the answer is yes, there is indeed a chance you would win that Ramada property if you bid on a 2.5* hotel in that area.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please read your messages.

There are a few Ramada branded properties in this general vicinity, is the Ramada Plaza and Convention Center Denver North referenced above the one that you are trying to avoid?

Do you have specific dates in mind for an upcoming trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the replies. I will be sure to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to bid. It is indeed the ramada plaza and convention center that I am trying to avoid. There is a doubletree, comfort suites, Fairfield inn, and Laquita I would like to book.

The dates are 9/20 through 9/24. My parents are coming to visit and they want a hotel with breakfast. I live near the area and the ramada is right on the highway and does not look appealing.

HOTWIRE has a 2.5* hotel in their Denver North-Thorton zone for $44/nite (your price my differ slightly) with:

Pool

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

While this property has not yet been reported to the board, it does show a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating. The Ramada you're trying to avoid shows a 3.0/5.0 TA rating (you should confirm before moving forward). This should safely keep you away from the Ramada. The TA info shown by HOTWIRE is not updated in realtime, so there is always a chance that the TA info has changed since HOTWIRE's last update, but the two numbers are far enough away from each other that i wouldn't consider the Ramada a real possibility (and you'd have a pretty good case to dispute with HOTWIRE if it were)

You could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of their stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and/or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Think I am going to hold off for a few more weeks on this purchase. Want to make sure that I do not get the Ramada.
How does waiting improve your chances of not getting the Ramada... i thought my post above indicated a way to avoid it.
How possible is it to book a hotel for one night and get the same hotel for additional days?
Inventory changes from one day to the next. You can improve your chances by first searching HOTWIRE for the solo nite you intend to purchase, then search again for the remaining nites... see if what appears to be the same hotel (based upon the amenities, star rating, etc) appears for each set of dates. Of course you could always make the first purchase and then the hotel no longer appears for the second set of dates, but searching beforehand helps minimize this from happening.

How possible is it to book a hotel for one night and get the same hotel for additional days?

Very possible, at least on Priceline. Usually, when you win a bid on Priceline, when you display your itinerary, it will say "Add nights for the same rate! Extend your stay for the same rate. This option is only available for a limited time! Click here to extend your stay at (name of hotel)." You can add nights on before or after your winning dates. This ensures you will get the same hotel at the same rate, and the hotel will have it as one reservation so you don't have to change rooms.

I don't know whether Hotwire offers the same feature or not.

To further clarify... you can only add nites up to the same number of nites as your original reservation. So if you purchase one nite you can't add nites... you would only be able to add one additional nite.

As well, note that even though offered, you may not be able to add the nites, PRICELINE could come back with one of three responses:

1) you've successfully added the nite(s)

2) rooms available but only at $xx (and you then have the option to accept/reject the higher priced offer)

3) no rooms available to extend your stay

The price on Hotwire is not good enough for me to even bother bidding. I want to try priceline.

Looked on priceline and a hotel has the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool

Free Breakfast

Free Parking

7.0 Rating

Considered a 2 1/2* Moderate Plus. The median price for a hotel in this category is $94.

I see on Priceline that the rating for the Ramada is a 7.6 out of 10 reviews and 2 1/2*.

Sorry for the trouble but I am trying to avoid this hotel at all costs.

If I did win the Ramada, could I get a refund from Priceline because their star rating for 2 1/2* hotels does not include Ramada?

Considered a 2 1/2* Moderate Plus. The median price for a hotel in this category is $94.
Their so-called "median price" has no relationship to what hotels actually can go for on Priceline. Winning bids can be as little as a third of their stated "median price".
If I did win the Ramada, could I get a refund from Priceline because their star rating for 2 1/2* hotels does not include Ramada?
No. They do not give refunds. Besides, the chains they list for their star ratings clearly state that they are only to give you a better idea of the star ratings, and do not guarantee that you will or won't get one of those chains.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property will work well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]