Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

lullee
By lullee,
in

I'm going to NYC for the first time and I'm trying to land either the W, Westin, or Hyatt because PATH will be easier to use. The dates I will be there are 9/9 to 9/13. Hotwire is giving a price of $155. Please help! NYC hotels are ridiculously expensive this time of year

4* Hoboken - Jersey City - Weekhawken

Amenities listed:

indoor pool

smoke free rooms

fitness center

restaurant

business center

high speed internet access

accessible for blind/deaf

accessible path of travel

in-room accessibility

accessible bathroom

It's recommended by 90% of travelers. And the tripadvisor rating is 4 out 5

Thank you!

Hello! :) I'm planning a trip to NYC for the first time from 9/9 to 9/13 and my budget is $160 a night. I want to stay in a 3.5* or 4* hotel (I'm okay with a 3 star as well because I know hotel quality varies so much in NY). I don't have a preference for the area as long as it's either a central location or the hotel is within walking distance to a subway. Any suggestions for what area I should stay in? How should I go about bidding?

*Also I posted in the hotwire section for jersey city for the same trip, but I don't want to priceline jersey city and end up with the Sheraton.. since priceline added Weehawken to the region and increased the hotel rating to 4*

Best guess for the NJ property above would be the Sheraton Weehawken.

The Fall is an expensive time of year in NYC and these dates are no exception. At the moment i'm not sure if $160 will be enough for a 3* or higher hotel. To give it a try, few questions:

Note that when bidding 3.5* and lower:

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?

At all star levels:

Downtown - is usually close to a subway station, but it's 20-25 minutes to midtown... is this acceptable?

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As i've often stated i'm not much of a fan of LIC... it's just very dirty and industrial to me. They are putting a LOT of money into the area and it may turn the corner, but for me, it's just not there yet.

When comparing Downtown to JC/Hoboken... very late at nite (after 10pm or 11pm) i would have no problem taking the PATH train, but i'd advise tourists to stay off the subway after those hours... on the otherhand it's very easy to take a cab from midtown to your hotel Downtown, but not so easy (read: affordable) to take a taxi back to Hoboken/Jersey City/Weehawken. Downtown Manhtattan would probably be a slight favorite over Jersey City, especially given that now the Sherton Weehawken has come into the picture... but if you can land the W Hoboken or the Jersey City Hyatt or Westin, they certainly wouldn't be bad outcomes by any stretch... it's close enough to stay that it would come down to price, but i'd give the slight edge to Downtown Manhattan since you're already in the city.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to confirm you're looking to bid for a 3* property with a maximum bid for $160 with any of the following zones being acceptable:

CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG, MTW, Soho, TS

Assuming the above is correct you can begin as follows:

When bidding 3* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG, MTW, Soho, TS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG, Chelsea, DT, ESB...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* CPS, MTW, Soho, TS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* CPS, MTW, DT, ESB...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG, Chelsea, Soho, TS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* CPS, Chelsea, Soho, ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG, MTW, DT, TS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* CPS, Chelsea, DT, TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG, MTW, Soho, ESB...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* CPS, Chelsea, DT, TS, MSG, MTW...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* CPS, Chelsea, DT, TS, Soho, ESB...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Soho, MSB, MSG, MTW, CPS, Chelsea...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Soho, MSB, MSG, MTW, DT, TS...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Soho, MSB, MSG, MTW, CPS, Chelsea, DT...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Soho, MSB, MSG, MTW, CPS, Chelsea, TS...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Soho, MSB, MSG, MTW, CPS, Chelsea, DT, TS...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

At the 3* level if including Downtown i think you can likely get something in the $180-$200 range... not including Downtown you may be looking at ~$210-$230.

As you bid higher, the option of the Sherton in Weehawken begins to look like a better and better value, but not sure your thoughts about bidding higher vs. staying outside the city (and commuting by bus rather than PATH).

What are you thinking in terms of a game plan going forward from here?

Well I talked to my friend who lives in Jersey and he said that the PATH is reasonably safe for two girls as long as it's not in the wee hours of the morning. Staying out of the city is looking more appealing, I just have a problem with the location of the Sheraton in Weehawken, and having to take a bus into the city. Do you happen to know the specifics of taking that route into the city??

I definitely wouldn't go through Hotwire, since I'm very sure the hotel they are displaying is that Sheraton. Do you think there are any bidding strategies for Priceline, to try to end up with the W, Westin, or Hyatt in the JC/Hoboken area?

Do you happen to know the specifics of taking that route into the city??

Yes, i'm very familiar with the area... what information is that you're looking for?

Do you think there are any bidding strategies for Priceline, to try to end up with the W, Westin, or Hyatt in the JC/Hoboken area?

We can offer a strategy for a hotel in this zone, but unfortunately there is no way to target the W Hotel, Hyatt or Westin specifically. Ever since the Sheraton was upgraded and include in this zone it has become increasingly more difficult to land one of the other properties.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

What should I expect to pay for that area? Since I'm compromising location I'd like to try to find a better deal price-wise.

I'm curious of what the options are for getting in to the city, if I ended up with Sheraton. And also since it's not near PATH, what about late night returns from the city?

What should I expect to pay for that area? Since I'm compromising location I'd like to try to find a better deal price-wise.

I'd guess ~$120 (although we'd of course start lower and work your way higher)

I'm curious of what the options are for getting in to the city, if I ended up with Sheraton. And also since it's not near PATH, what about late night returns from the city?

Bus: picks up right near the hotel entrance and cost is ~$3.20/ow (it's a short trip depending upon traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel, but that's a big variable)

Ferry: great way to travel to the city, but at $9/ow it's pricey (but worthwhile once if a nice day... and a good photo opportunity)

PATH: you could either take the LightRail (cost ~$2/pp) for the short trip to the PATH station or a taxi (may be $10 since you're technically in the Weehawken (but only be about 100 yards or so) and therefore outside of the Hoboken city limits. If you wanted to save a few dollars you could walk on the new waterfront walkway that connects the Sheraton hotel to 'uptown' Hoboken and call a taxi from there (which is a $5 fixed rate anywhere in town). This (in reverse) would be your way home if you need to head back from the city after the busses stop running (~1:30am)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

When bidding 4* in the Jersey City-Hoboken-Weehawken zone you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145

Any questions feel free to ask.

Your dates are more expensive then when the other user won for $90. I would further refine the bidding as follows:

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]