Hotwire Hotel: HELP ID MNA - Water Tower area hotel $138 8/31-9/4

yoyona
By yoyona,
in

Hi, I'm trying to ID this hotel for my stay in Chicago. Any help would be appreciated :)

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

70% hotwire rating

Trip Advisor: 3.5/5

This would be a possible match for the Allerton or Westin Michigan Ave, but my guess is that the Allerton is much more likely.

Thank you for using the sites HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was thinking it was the Allerton too, but hoping it would be the Westin. The only reason I thought it might be the Westin was because of the other site price of $203... the Allerton is a lot cheaper than that and the Westin's about $200.

The "regular rate" is not the rate for a particular property, but a compilation of comparable properties in the area for these dates. The Westin would be a possibility, but I think - especially with the lower approval rating and some of the individual ratings - is that the Allerton is more likely.

Additionally, 9/2-4 is quite a bit cheaper than 8/31-9/2; would you be interested in splitting your stay? Would the Loop be of any interest, or are you interested primarily in staying North of the river?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I wouldn't mind splitting my stay, however, I need to stay North of the river. And the reason I haven't used priceline to bid for a hotel is because it's all one zone, whereas I'd prefer to stay around the Watertower (I stayed at the Knickerbocker last time and really like that area). Any advice?

Thanks!

I'm seeing a 4* in the Gold Coast area for $98 (you may see a slightly different price) for 9/2-4:

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

My guess would be Sutton Place.

Then I'm seeing the same listing that you mentioned above for $180 for the first two nights, which I'd guess would be the Allerton.

The average would be about the same as the original listing, but you'd get a nicer hotel for the first two nights.

Another option is that the new Acme Hotel is $165 on Expedia for 9/2-4, but that is a little further to the South in the NMA area.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia.com links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm seeing a new 4* in the MNA-Water Tower area right now for $157 for Aug 31- Sept 4 with the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

But a with 95% HOTWIRE approval rating and a 4/5 trip advisor rating.. any idea what it could be?

I called the Knickerbocker about their stay longer promotion and they were willing to include free WiFi with the $171 (avg) rate for those nights. I think I'm going to wait to see if anything cheaper than this $157 HOTWIRE rate pops up in the next few days, otherwise I'll just book directly with them.

Thanks for your help and I'll keep you posted :)

I'm seeing what may be the Crowne Plaza Avenue for $136, James (although that's towards the South end of the NMA area) for $150 and Sutton Place for $162 on HOTWIRE. Please keep us updated on what you decide and if you have any interest in these HOTWIRE listings and we would be happy to point them out.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I've booked directly with the Millennium Knickerbocker and since I stayed there in April, I received a promotion for $160/night (avg). They even upgraded my room from just a standard!

This is a fully refundable booking upto 24 hours before so I will keep checking Hotwire until then to see if I can find something significantly cheaper.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for keeping us updated - please let us know if you do find anything else or have questions between now and your stay.

Thanks for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Just wanted to provide an update- I did end up staying at Millennium Knickerbocker with their thank you promotion...never found anything close to what I wanted on hotwire!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]