PSP Dec 15-26, 2012

stubskin
By stubskin,
in

We are travelling to Palm Springs Dec 15-26 and with three children we are looking to rent a Minivan. I haven't found any history on people bidding for PSP car rentals. Best deal using the Car Rental Checker is $411/week or $812 total. Best deal currently on Hotwire is $48/day for 11 days at $697 total. Would like to get a price closer to $35/day, I've bid twice on Priceline at $25/day and $26/day and both were rejected. Any suggestions? From looking at other deals, it looks like I should try to bid closer to my travel date.

Assuming it's fully refundable, I'd reserve the $812 rate now just to lock in a price and protect yourself from rates moving higher between now and your pickup dates. This is a peak travel time for family vacations and road trips so you may or may not see better rates closer to your travel dates... having the above as a back-up helps protect yourself from rates moving higher as well as gives you the flexibility to continue to lowball and bid on PRICELINE (and search HOTWIRE) for a better deal... as you get closer to your travel dates you can consider locking in a non-refundable ~$700 rate if still available and your bidding continues to be unsuccessful.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was able to book a guaranteed cancellable rate with Thrifty at $691.89 ($350/week) through my credit card rewards plan, and I was surprised this was lower than the current Hotwire rate, which has dropped to $695.12. I'm booking from Canada though, so not sure how that affects things.

Today I bid $28/day on PRICELINE (using the link from this site of course) but it was rejected, but at least now I have my price to beat. I'll update the thread if I find a better deal through PRICELINE or HOTWIRE from what I was able to get guaranteed through my rewards plan.

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]