Priceline Hotel: NYC UE What hotels/prices 8/10/2005

c10000
By c10000,
in

Hello,

I've been lurking around this board for a while, although this is my first post.

I wish to bid for a room in the Upper East side for 8/10/2005 one night. We need to get to the hospital at 70th Street/York Ave early morning 8/11. What hotels are offered by priceline and what are the price ranges?

I understand that priceline has only 3* (or less) in UE. Are they okay hotels? Any suggestions?

Since we live in NJ, we could get up early (like 5AM) and take the train to NYC. So, our budget is $100. Staying in NYC can give us 2-3 hours extra sleep. But if it's over our budget, we'd rather get up early.

(Whoa, that's the price for 2-3 hours of sleep!? :) )

Thanks, in advance.

We don't see much bidding in this area, and there aren't many hotels, so i can't really guess as to what the right number would be... we could provide a strategy to test the waters, but this area is usually more expensive than others and we seldom see sub-$100 bids accepted in NYC.

If you do want to bid, i would suggest expanding your geographic area to include other midtown zones. Would staying, for example, in the MTW zone and taking a $6 cab ride to the UES be that bad of an alternative for a cheaper price on a hotel room?

If you included the MTE, MTW, and/or UM/CPS zones i think you would increase your chances of getting a good deal on a hotel, but you'd still need to increase your $100 maximum bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]