Priceline Hotel: which Boston zones are less safe?

TravelPhotographer
By TravelPhotographer,
in

Will be taking new photos of Boston attractions, activities, shopping, dining 4 days/4 nights

between Aug 16--27; ideally ~3* with free parking for rental car but also within walking

distance to public transportation that can get me near various city center & other locations;

which lodging zones should I NOT win because they are "less safe"? Thanks in advance!

I don't know enough about the outskirts of Boston to comment on safety so hopefully somebody local the area will be able to add some insight, but i would start by searching HOTWIRE for various 4 nite stays within your date range to see which zones might get you close to your budget... from there research the zones for safety and their proximity to to mass transit.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will be taking new photos of Boston attractions, activities, shopping, dining 4 days/4 nights

between Aug 16--27; ideally ~3* with free parking for rental car but also within walking

distance to public transportation that can get me near various city center & other locations;

which lodging zones should I NOT win because they are "less safe"? Thanks in advance!

You mean, safe to walk around in? Oh, because you will be walking back to the hotel with your cameras?

I would say the only distinctly worrisome zone would be South (this is South Boston in HOTWIRE, not sure what the region South is in PRICELINE.)

But are you really going to rent a car and park it for 11 days while you take public transportation into the city? That's an odd approach. Staying in the outer suburbs is a little risky if you need to be able to walk to public transport. Cambridge is excellent and Brookline/Newton not bad, but in that case you would certainly not get free parking (but you wouldn't need the car either).

We thought we could save money by staying in Newton and taking the Green Line in to town, but it ate up a lot of our time. We had to drive to the parking lot, wait for the train, which was very slow and had many stops. We also had to make sure we were getting on the right train (4 different possibilities from downtown) when we were going home late at night. Now we park in the Boston Common underground garage, which is not difficult to get to at all if you aren't arriving at rush hour. The garage is very secure and is right near the Park subway station, and within walking distance or a short subway ride to any of the great 4* PRICELINE hotels in Quincy Market, Copley Square or Harborfront zones. A 7 day MTBA pass is well worth the $18 and you can travel all over the place for free, even to Charlestown on a water taxi from Long Wharf.

Thanks for responses.

As stated above it would be 4 (or 3) nights.

Rental car used to go to non-city-center attractions.

Ideally, free parking property <10 miles city center, <5 min walk subway-train.

Any comments on Somerville(sp?) Holiday Inn appreciated. Updated or run-down?

May have to use some Marriott or PriorityClub points if PRICELINE bidding looks high. Thanks in advance!

What about this property aside I-93 & 10-minute walk to Andrew Square RedLine station?

(free shuttle back & forth)

Courtyard Boston-South Boston

63 R Boston Street

Sorry, this is too late, I know, but for future reference: Andrew Square is not a great neighborhood.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]