Priceline Hotel: 4* Providence (Downtown) Renaissance Providence Hotel

qor
By qor,
in

Hey everyone. This is my first time bidding on a hotel. I need some advice.

I am trying for the Goat Island area for 3.5 stars. I am able to bid three times per day since I can safely add the Middletown & South Kingstown areas (no 3.5 stars in either area). I started at $80/night and am now up to $150. Any advice? Am I too close to the time of travel? I assumed some cancellations would occur and I could pick up a room cheaply based on some posts from July/August 2010 & 2011.

Would I be better served to breakup the booking into two seperate periods since it is a 4 day stay? Thanks.

qor,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Based upon the festival information (thanks for the local info crito) will you still head to the area for these dates or reschedule your plans? Using BiddingHelper.com and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Argh... I saw a 3* star posted today for $349, I bid $210. No fill.

Advice? What is the discount normally like when prices are this high?

I used the price of $210 assuming the discount would be similar to the one observed by this individual on 5/16/12:

First bid of $130 for 3 1/2* hotel was rejected. Re-bid, lowering stars to 3, and it was accepted.

(Price shown for this hotel on other sites: $329 a night)

Price shown $169, Booked at $126.

Started bidding at $50, worked my way up in $10 increments. When I hit $100, I was asked to re-bid at $126. It worked. I somewhat regret doing that since I could have continued increasing in $10 increments...oh well. Live and learn.

Thank you better bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]