Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Started bidding at $105 but was given a counteroffer at $129.00.....yea, right!!! I never accepted a counter previously and was not going to start today. I added a rebid zone and bid $110, rejected. Added another rebid zone and bid $114, success!

Offer Price: $114.00

Taxes & Fees: $31.43

Total: $145.43

I was hoping for the Hilton and I have yet to read reviews of the Sheraton, but hoping that it is fine, it's a 4* Sheraton after all. This is a single Sunday night stay as July turns into August, so occupancy levels likely begat this winning bid. I used BiddingHelper.com to make my bid, but did not even check HOTWIRE this time. I also used the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins which was particularly helpful in crafting this bid as I really wanted to stay in this zone due to familiarity and wanting to be close to times square and the theater district. The prepaid rate through Sheraton is $251 or $292 all in with taxes.

Congratulations on your success!

A nice deal for NYC. The reviews for this property have improved a lot as they have recently re-done the rooms, but i'd still expect impersonal service simply due to the sheer size of the hotel and that it mostly caters to a business clientele (but maybe you'll get lucky since it's Sunday nite and the hotel will likely be much slower than during the week (as well as slower than the two prior weekend nites)).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]