Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC 8/15 - 8/18 ?Parking?

Dilbertino
By Dilbertino,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I don't believe any hotels in NYC offer free parking, and most properties in NYC do charge high rates for parking per night. There is no way to filter free parking on PRICELINE - HOTWIRE does have a free parking amenity if a property offers it, but I really don't believe that any do in NYC, given the density of the city.

What would be your desired budget per night for hotel, and which zones would be of interest?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks Aaron, I'm finding that to be the case. Google helped me find three here -

But

The Alex is a bit out of the budget at $900/night for two beds

The Travel Inn appears sold out for 8/15 - 8/18

And the Doubletree Metropolitan no longer offers free parking.

I'm pretty comfortable up to $250/night, I'm just trying to figure out if I need to keep it to $200 + $50/day parking.

The Travel Inn is the only NYC hotel i know that offers free parking, the others you mention offer 'free parking packages' which aren't free at all... the 'package' is basically combines the current room rate and the cost of parking, sometimes discounting the total rate slightly; but it's hardly free and usually not much of a deal!

If you're flexible you can relatively easily find parking in the city for $30 or under (and possibly less if you're willing to hunt it down), but for other options, where are you driving in from?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are driving from Cape Cod. IN the past I've left the car in NJ and taken the ferry and might again this time if the kids want to see the statue of Liberty, but between parking fees in NJ, RT ferry tickets and RT cab fare to/from Mid-Town, it's not much of a savings over three nights if I can find parking in Manhattan over the three nights at $30/nt or $120.

The Holiday Inn Midtown is on 57th between 9th and 10th. Had you considered the Metro North train and leaving your car in Stamford since you are coming from the north? I think it takes you to Grand Central Terminal. You can take the subway to Battery Park and pick up the ferry. I read somewhere that you get a better view of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry and it's free.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]